Their youth part 3

Start from the beginning

Jungkook watched as Lisa’s expression changed countless times, but no matter how it changed, fear never left, he sincerely felt very happy.

Lisa asked cautiously, “Don’t you think that supernatural beings and whatever are very nonsensical?”

Jungkook said gloomily, “I don’t think so, everything has the possibility of existing, same goes for ghosts.”

As if to coordinate with his words, there was suddenly a loud clanging noise that came through from the outside, most probably some heavy object had been blown over by the wind.

Lisa was so afraid that her head shrunk back, she said pitifully, “Later on, if lessons are suspended for us to go home, by all means don’t leave me behind and go off first.”

She said this because there had been numerous previous instances where often once she lifted her head up after she was done with packing her school bag, Jungkook’s figure would already have disappeared, she really suspected that he had learnt ‘Tiny Steps over Ice and Waves’ before. 

Jungkook was in a bad mood, “You let the Bunshinsaba send you.”

Lisa ignored him, and began loading the things on the table top into her schoolbag, for fear that Jungkook would take advantage of her packing her school bag later on to run off first.

As expected, after roughly three or four minutes, the school principal’s voice which sounded very much like a refined degenerate travelled over the school’s broadcast system, “Teachers and students take note, because of the typhoon striking, the school has decided to stop lessons urgently. Students, please return home immediately, do not stay in school or along the road; students, please take note of your safety on your way home.”

When they left school, the rain had stopped, but the wind seemed to be on a trend of blowing more ferociously. Lisa carried her schoolbag that was especially heavy on her back, in order to catch up to Jungkook’s footsteps, she was gasping for breath.

Jungkook stopped his footsteps and turned his head back to glance at her, and couldn’t help but say, “Are you an idiot?”

Lisa wanted to say that she wasn’t, but yet she couldn’t put forward any powerful evidence, so she could only stare blankly as she remained where she was, passively furrowing her brows with the attitude of confronting a sudden and unexpected disaster.

Jungkook stretched out his hand to lift up her backpack, with the weight of the backpack reduced, she bent her two shoulder blades behind her back.

After two seconds, Jungkook let go of his grip with an expressionless face, the sudden weight added to her shoulders once more along with the gale of wind that blew in her face nearly caused Lisa to fall headlong, fortunately, she grabbed hold of Jungkook’s school uniform in a flurry.

“You know that it’s heavy?” He said, “Still dim-wittedly carrying an extra pile of textbooks.”

After she steadied her body, she let go of her grip on his clothes, “He’s afraid that I’m too light, and will be blown away by the wind.”

Just earlier, when she and Jungkook were about to walk out of the classroom door, Sehun had suddenly rushed up to them and stuffed a few textbooks into her schoolbag, saying that only by adding some weight, would she not be blown away by the wind.

“How many times have you encountered a typhoon since you were small till now? Was there any time when you had been blown away by the wind before?” Jungkook only felt very helpless, how could there be such an idiotic person.

“Of course I know that I won’t be blown away by the wind,” Lisa argued with conviction, “But Sehun doesn’t know, he’s not a local, there aren’t typhoons where he (came from), he had good intentions, I can’t be a wet blanket.”

Jungkook had to admit, he was very surprised by such an explanation by Lisa, and momentarily didn’t know how to reply, he could only snort out, “Up to you.”

Lisa’s eyes suddenly lit up, and she said, “Why not you help me carry my school bag, I’ll help you carry your schoolbag, we’ll walk hand in hand.”

She asked this sentence while carrying a frame of mind of ‘there’s no harm asking’, after all, this world was grotesque and variegated, anything could possibly happen, humankind had ascended into the sky, the stars that humankind had created had also ascended into the sky, Sister Feng whom humankind was standing around in a circle and watching had also become famous…… So there was nothing that couldn’t happen.

Jungkook looked at her unfathomably, “Can you be any more shameless.”

“Can I?” Lisa opened wide her eyes which had been blown at till they were a little dry. 

Jungkook stretched out two fingers, and made a gesture of wanting to poke her eyes, Lisa beamingly slanted her head to dodge (him).

“Let’s go, idiot.” Jungkook pulled at the shoulder strap of her schoolbag and dragged her forward

Lisa was dragged along till her footsteps were staggering, “Hey, you be a little slower.”

There was no sign of any humans on the long, long road, in the wind, two young kids walked along, pulling each other’s bag straps, the sounds of their voices talking became rather fragmented as the wind screamed and blew.

Jungkook : “What other questions did you ask the Bunshinsaba?”

Lisa : “A lot. Do you really believe in it? I thought about it later on, it must be that Sehun’s hand had moved, most likely he had seen the weather forecast beforehand, and was tricking me.”

Jungkook : “With your IQ, it really must have been tough for you to figure it out.”

His voice was too soft and the wind too loud, Lisa didn’t hear him clearly, “What did you say?”

Jungkook : “Nothing, did you ask the Bunshinsaba that most important question?”

Lisa blushed, “I was too embarrassed to ask, I also didn’t dare to ask.”

Jungkook was baffled, “What is too embarrassing to ask, what do you not dare to ask?”

Lisa, “I’m afraid to ask the Bunshinsaba if you will like me or not, if it told me that you will never like me, then I wouldn’t be able to like you anymore.”

……

Jungkook turned his head around to look at her, “Why wouldn’t you be able to?”

Lisa looked at him very earnestly and said, “That kind of liking would be too saddening, I probably would have to give up on you. So I don’t want to know, you too, don’t ever tell me such words like you will never like me. I’m afraid that one day, I will tell you, Jungkook, just tell me that you will never like me and let me have no more illusions and give up, that would be words said in a moment of anger, don’t take them seriously, at that time, don’t really say that to me.”

Jungkook saw into the depths of her eyes, and vaguely felt like there was something lightly tugging at that string in his heart, he shifted his gaze away a little uneasily, “Mm.”

Together, they faced the wind and walked on in silence for a while, then Jungkook suddenly said, “Actually, just now, the question I was talking about (when I asked if) you had asked the Bunshinsaba that most important question wasn’t the one you were thinking of.”

“Ah! Then what is it?”

“Is there any cure for idiocy.”

……

“Lisa, don’t open your mouth so widely, the wind has gone in.”