"Who isn't?" the girl named Valkyrae mumbled.

I laughed along with everyone.

"Guys, I'm right here." I pipped in.

"Yeah, thank god." The smirk on Corpse's face was clear through is tone.

I was confident his intent was to pick on Felix, but I couldn't help to blush.

"Simp." Felix interjected before continuing to introduce me properly to the rest of the members.

We'd be playing with Sean, Dave, Toast, Corpse, Lily, Valkyrae and Pokimane. They all seemed nice and welcoming, which allowed my nerves to slowly dissipate.

The first game, I was a crewmate. I mostly stuck to what I knew, following Felix around at first, but then eventually we lost each other, as I did my tasks.

I noticed Lily's pink character was blocking my exit, after I finished a task on electrical. We both stood still, waiting for the other's reaction, probably thinking that the other was the imposter.

Suddenly, Corpse's black character, slayed Lily's. And before I could even process and act on it, he had self reported and the panel showed up.

"I just saw Mia kill Lily on electrical." his boldly stated, immerged from the silence.

I babbled before I could even comment coherently and expose my case.

"What the fuck?" was the only thing that come out of my mouth. " I'm being framed."

"That seems sus." Toast commented.

"Did you kill my friend, Mia?" Rae pipped in.

"Mia! You're imposter, aren't you!" Felix accused me.

"Guys no! I swear. Lily was there and then Corpse came and then this shit happened" I tried to explain, but no one was buying it.

I was too nervous and green to explain myself clearly. They were already voting.

"That didn't even make sense!" I remarked as I saw my character being ejected. "You're gonna regret it."

Corpse chuckled from his end. His laugh was softer, making him seem less scary.

The group kept playing as I remained silent. I wrote " Sorry Lily, I couldn't avenge you" on the chat, to which she replied with a simple crying emoji. I smiled ate my screen, though.

After a while of observing everyone playing around, I couldn't help but search Corpse up on my phone, quickly realizing that he was as mysterious as his voice made him seem. No name, no face. Just a really intriguing, deep voice.

I found myself thinking of how different our lives were. My job consisted, mostly, on being exposed to cameras. My face and my body were my brand and means of expression, but aside from the occasional instagram stories, where I communicated verbally, and the rare collaborations with Marzia or Felix for their videos, my voice was something my followers didn't hear often. I would as far as to say that some didn't know what I sounded like.

I noticed that Corpse was actually streaming our Among Us game and ended up opening it, without even hesitating. He was playing as imposter, along with Sean.

"Guys why are you freaking about Mia?" he asked to his chat, getting my attention. "Yeah her face is not a strange one, might have seen her before. I guess she's pretty famous. I like her voice and her accent. She seems nice."

I immediately closed the stream, as if I was caught watching something I wasn't supposed to. I felt my cheeks burn. I wasn't really expecting him to be talking about me.