eight

new friends

"𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶"

get ready for some badass y/n and slight angst

『•• ✎ ••』

『•• ✎ ••』

you and grace had been friends since before you could remember. you went to nursery and primary school together. you were basically siblings. you shared the same energy despite having quite different personalities, you somehow related to each other and stuck together, especially during the hardest times. although you both would often adapt to different friend groups, you would always stay with each other. 

it got a bit more difficult when you first entered secondary school as grace got into a higher set than you, placing her in different classes, meaning you would only see her in the morning, break, lunch and after school. but thankfully, you were in the same form, meaning you could spend PSHE* together. 

*A/N Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) Education is a school curriculum subject in England that focuses on strengthening the knowledge, skills, and connections to keep children and young frames healthy and safe and prepare them for life and work.

you didn't have many friends in your class, maybe 2. you were alright with the others in your class so you had people to talk to. you knew that grace had other friends and you were fine with that, of course you got a bit envious of them, being able to spend classes with her but you knew that you were her best friend and that you both would always stick together.

 however, you were a bit cautious of her other friends, you had seen them with her when meeting up with her after classes and they weren't the best people. but grace was a social person and it would be unfair of you to make her drop the only friends she had in class because you didn't like them, right?

⌣ ‿ ‿ ‿ ‿ ‿ ‿ ⌣

┆ ┆ ┆ ┆⋆

┆ ┆ ┆જ ✾

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ °

┆ 彡

you hadn't seen grace all morning and she wasn't picking up the phone. you sighed. maybe her parents took it, they had a habit of doing that. you went to go and sit on the benches where you both would usually sit in the morning before form. that's when you saw grace and her friends walking towards you, a large grin plastered on grace's face. "y/n!" she greeted, swinging her bag off her shoulder and dropping it down by the bench's leg. 

❝ ❞

❝ ❞

1st person

"sorry i didn't answer my phone.." she sighed, "i completely didn't hear it!" she whined, holding my hand. "it's alright." i  laughed, nervous by the new company. "this is jenna, mia and becca! they're in my lessons" she beamed, obviously eager for me to become friends with the 3 girls. 

grace only introduced me to people for one reason. she wants to get closer to them. we had an unspoken rule that if we wanted to hang out with new people, we both had to be familiar with them so neither of us felt out-of-place or awkward. that way, no one gets upset and there are no arguments. 

"nice to meet you." i smiled, "I'm y/n." "so formal!~" becca snorted, "i'm rebecca but please call me becca, alright?" she grinned, holding her hand out for me to shake it. i obviously did, not wanting to be rude. "so y/n.. what are you?" huh? "what do you mean?" i laughed nervously. "like.." she moved closer, lowering her voice, "I've heard some rumors, you know?" "becca, don't-" grace began, her face dropping. what is she talking about? "what rumors?" i asked.

"people are saying that like.. 

are you gay?" she whispered, her friends laughing behind her and grace just sitting there, looking down.

"i uh-" what am i meant to say??

"because if you are that's totally fine like if you choose to be gay then-"

"choose?" i questioned, the way the she said that really threw me off-guard, making grace give me a stare that really screamed 'please don't' which i retaliated with a 'wait' stare.

"like no one is born gay, maybe something at home but whatever makes you happy! i'm all for it! as long as you don't like.. make it your whole personality, you know? like those hey mamas lesbians or yas queen gays." she snickered. 

i stared at her, while in the back i could hear laughing and "becca, oh my god!" "you can't say that!" obviously egging her on. 

"pardon?" i asked, agitated. "no one 'turns' gay because of home issues or whatever you're trying to say. it's a natural thing, animals can even be gay!-" "y/n, leave it." grace stated. i sigh, 

"you're right, i'm sorry" i apologized, looking down, "it must be all my home problems and trauma messing with my brain, watch out, i might turn you gay next" i smirked, getting up and leaving, grabbing my bag. stupid bitches. why would grace be friends with people like that? hopefully she's not mad at me for that. she shouldn't be, she should agree. why isn't she walking away with me right now??

˚ ༘ ♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

˚ ༘ ♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

_____________

groice ;)

hey i'm sorry

but she was totally out of line.

please don't be mad

read

_____________

fuck.

˚ · •. °.

✧ ˚ ·.

┊ ┊

˚ ༘ ♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ