Chapter 17: Shattered

Bella's POV:

Colton has been home for about three weeks now and he seems to be settling in pretty well. We've been spreading most of our time at my house because Colton really likes the hot tub. He even has most of his clothes in my closet now. I thought Colton would have to meet my parents soon but mom called me yesterday to tell me that their trip got extended by two months. Part of me wonders if they're ever going to come home.

Anyway today I'm actually really excited because it's Colton and I's two-month anniversary. He wants to take me out on a date tonight but first, we have to go to the hospital cause Colton's permanent prosthetic is finally ready. "Are you excited," I ask, as we drive. "Yeah, I guess. I think you're excited enough for the both of us." My grin widens. I pull into the parking lot and we quickly head inside. The doctor gets Colton set up and tells me it's going to be awhile while he gives Colton some exercises and helps him practice walking. I tell him I should stay but the doctor says it's no use so I head out to grab some good hot chocolate from Tim Hortons.

About an hour later I got back with Maria who I picked up on my way back cause she wanted to visit Colton. I grabbed Colton's usual. Hot tea, not coffee cause he hates coffee just like me. I walk back to the rehab center and what I see makes my heart shatter. Colton's lips are locked with the nurse that was hitting on him. I hear Maria gasp as the breath gets knocked out of my lungs and pain shoots through my chest. I place my hand over my mouth to keep from sobbing out loud as tears pour out of my eyes. The cups I was holding clatter to the floor catching their attention. Colton tears his lips away from hers. Once his eyes meet mine they fill with horror. He opens his mouth to explain but I don't give him the chance. I just turn and sprint down the hall as my tears fall down in violent streams. I can hear his stumbling footsteps trying to follow me but he can't keep up. Suddenly a bang and a muffled curse. I look behind me and see Colton laying face first on the floor. I feel a tug in my heart at how helpless he looks. I look at Maria and silently ask her with my eyes to help him. She does.

As soon as I see he's ok I walk away again cause I really don't want to talk to him. "Bella! Baby wait! Please just let me explain, it's not what you think, please," he begs. My tears fall even faster at his pleading words but then I leave the rehab center and I can no longer hear him.

I quickly walk to my car and just drive. 15 minutes later my phone starts vibrating like crazy with calls from Colton wondering where I am. When that doesn't work he starts texting me, so I turn my phone off. But before I do I see Colton's latest message. "I love you so much. I'm so sorry, I'm such an idiot please call me," it reads. That's when I break down. I pull over, rest my head on the steering wheel and cry my eyes out. My loud sobs fill the car and I feel a sharp pain in my chest like my heart is being ripped out. I must've sat there for at least 20 minutes before I finally grabbed some tissues and tried to pull myself together. I should have expected this Colton has slept with so many girls, I shouldn't have expected him to be faithful to me. And no matter how many times Colton has told me he loved me, I still had my doubts. Turns out I was right. So it really shouldn't hurt this much but it does. It hurts so much! 

When I finally start driving again, I drive for another 15 minutes and find myself parked in front of the abandoned theater Colton took me to. My eyes tear up again as I remember how amazing our first date was. I head inside, turn the lights on and walk onto the stage. I grab the guitar that is always there for some reason and sit down on a stool under a spotlight and start singing "Cry" by Kelly Clarkson.

When I hit the last note I'm sobbing. I press my hand over my mouth and just cry. When I finally compose myself enough to stand, I don't feel any better. I get back in my car and go grab Ollie and Charlie, then I head to the lakehouse. Throughout the whole drive, my tears never stopped. 

Hi Everyone:

I'm sorry this chapter is so short, the next one will be longer I promise. 

Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Please vote and comment!

Love you all:) 

Jessie