Prologue

(Edited)
Emiko's P.O.V

I giggled with glee as my little chubby hands held onto the different colored roses my brothers picked out for me. 

"Thank you all!"

"Anything for our little kitten," Laito smiled. 

He then picked me up, the world suddenly was blurry.

"Laito-niichan! Put me down!" I playfully whined.

"No, you're our kitten! I am never going to let you go!" Laito exclaimed.

I pouted, calling out for my other brothers, "Kanato-niichan, Ayato-niichan. Help me!" 

"Nope, you look cute like that," Ayato teasingly said.

"I'll help you, ne. Do you want to help sweety-chan, teddy?"  Kanato smiled. 

Laito started running with me in his arms,"You can't take her!" Laito laughed out. 

"No! Save me, Shu-niichan, Reiji-niichan, Ayato-niichan, Kanato-niichan, Subaru-niichan. Somebody, anyone. Help!" I laughed, while trying to wiggle out of Laito's arms. 

My brothers just stood for a second, then a smile broke out onto their faces. They all started running towards Laito.

"Hey! Get back here!" Ayato cried out.

"Never, you will have to catch me!" Laito threw his answer back. 

"We must save Emiko!"  Subaru exclaimed.

Reiji held a small smile, "I got it! Surround the thief!"

Shu laughed along with Reiji, a twinkle in his ocean blue eyes. 

"Okay!" Subaru, Kanato and Ayato agreed with Reiji. After a while, we was panting and laying on the ground, with me in the middle.

Peaceful silence spread around us, until I broke it, "I love you all." 

I then widened my arms as much as I can and continued saying, "I love each and every one of you, this much!"

"Ne, teddy says he loves you. I also love you." Kanato smiled.

"I love you too, dear sister." Reiji replied. 

Silence, then, "I-I love you, too." Subaru replied. 

Shu laughed at his younger brother, and continued with saying, "I, too, love you, little sister."

Emiko beamed at her brothers who replied, but looked at Ayato worryingly. He was silent. 

"Ayato-niichan, are you okay?" I questioned.

He sighed, "Of course. I love you, too. Emiko."

I smiled. I really do love all my brother.

Author P.O.V

The brothers loved Emiko as a sister, except a certain red-head. Ayato glanced at his smiling sister, his blood sister. A frown etched on his pale face, he really couldn't stop the feelings his sister ignited in him. He didn't understand.
It was silent, until footsteps was heard. The brothers looked up and froze.

"What are you doing?" A cold voice spat. 

Emiko quickly sat up, her back straightening in the process and looked at her mother. Cordelia. Emiko's  brothers then too sat up hastily. 

"I-I, we, uh." Was all Ayato could stutter out.

"I asked them if they wanted to play." Emiko spoke up. 

"You all will be punished." Another strict voice spoke, Beatrix.

"NO!" Emiko yelled out, surprising the brothers.

"I-if you want to punish someone, punish me. I-I asked them a-and it's my fault not theirs, so don't punish them. Please." 

Tears welled up in Emiko's bright purple eyes.

Cordelia glared at her daughter, an evil smirk forming on her face.
"Very well, than."
Emiko stood up, walking toward her mother and step-mother. 

"I'll be okay." Emiko stated to her brothers, looking straight into her mothers eyes.

"I promise you all, I'll come back healthy." Emiko turned towards her brothers and smiled. 

The smile that held promises, that held the key to each and every one of the brother's non-existent heart. The brothers stared at their sister; Shuu and Reiji hardened their stare in front of their mother, Ayato held his chin high, Kanato had tears weld up in his eyes, Laito's eyes darkened and Subaru clenched his little fist. Yet, you couldn't miss the sad smile they held for their little sister. They had to be brave for their little princess.

Who knew a heart could turn so cold.

Emiko was pulled by her hair.
"Let's go." Cordelia monotonously said, she then dragged her daughter, Beatrix following,  into the forest.
Who knew that was the last time the brothers saw their princess smile.

The brothers heard her pained cries, for an hour they mentally suffered; they couldn't stand it, they couldn't stand how weak they was, how they couldn't protect their little sister, because they was afraid of Cordelia and Beatrix, then everything went dead silent.
No more cries or screams, nothing was heard. The brothers couldn't look out their windows, they didn't want to. They was afraid. But they had to, to see if their sister was okay. Looking out, they was horrified of what they saw, their mother's bloodied dress, but no princess.
The Sakamaki brothers ran out into the forest to find their sister, but couldn't find her.

Ayato P.O.V
I panted, looking everywhere. Behind every tree, under every bush. Ignoring my brothers, I ran deeper into the woods. The horrendous lake that taunted me in my nightmares, gleamed under the full moon.
"Emiko..." I dropped onto my knees. 

The leaves below me crackled, rocks dig into my hands. I didn't care. This physical pain was nothing compared to how I felt where my non-beating heart was. Tears welled up in my eyes. I reached into my pocket, taking out a ring. The silver shined under the moons light. I clutched it in my hand, hugging it towards my chest.

I couldn't ask her to be mine. I choked back a sob.
"She is not here."
And then, nothing. I felt nothing.

Author's P.O.V
The same thought resounded in their heads. She's dead. They didn't want to think of the thought, they was in denial. 

"No, no, no! She's not dead!" Kanato yelled tears streaming down his face.

"Shut up, just shut up!" Subaru screamed out. 

He punched the tree next to him, not caring if the bark made scratches on his pale hand.

Laito eyes widened and he tilted his fedora to cover his face.
Reijii said nothing, he just started walking towards their mansion afraid of looking weak in front of his brothers. Yet, no one missed his sniffle and shuddering breathes. 

"This has to be a nightmare, it has to be." Shuu whispered, he turned away from his brothers. 

You couldn't miss their eye's darken, the cold look come across their once bright eyes.

"Should've known, happiness doesn't last long"