Chapter 19 - Masks Off

Start from the beginning

I looked at the screen which displayed Taehyun's name.

I looked up at Jake who was staring blankly at the screen of my phone that was placed on the counter.

He wiped his remaining tears and smiled at me. His smile never reached his eyes, though.

"I'll leave you two be." He whispered and entered their room.

I looked at him as he made his way before answering Taehyun's call.

"Princess," his voice sounded tired. It's like hasn't got any sleep yet. I felt apologetic.

I bit my thumb out of nervousness, "Tyun? Is everything alright?"

He laughed at my tone, which honestly made my body relax. "We're fine, princess. Don't worry. I just wanted to call to ask how you're doing."

"I'm alright, Tyun. I'm just having a hard time with... You know." I looked at the door of the guys' bedroom. Thinking about the man behind it.

"Having a hard time, hiding your feelings?" He teased me.

I wanted to roll my eyes at him and deny but I had been lying way too much these days, so I hummed in agreement.

He went silent for a moment, not expecting me to agree, he tried to lift the mood by joking again, "Well, now you know how I feel."

But the joke hit me. Had I been insensitive? He told me about his feelings but here I am ranting about how much I love Jake.

"Tyun..."

"I'm kidding, princess!" He laughed again before continuing, "You sound so serious."

I rolled my eyes and slowly made my way back to the couch, "Because this is serious."

"We'll be fine, okay?" He sounded unsure. The word 'fine' seems so far from where we are right now.

I sighed as I sat down on the couch, "Please, Tyun. I just want to get out of here. I don't want this anymore."

He went silent realizing that his jokes and teasing didn't really work in raising the mood.

"We'll get you out. I promise. We'll get away from your horrible family and you'll be free." He stated. His voice sounded as if he also wanted to believe his words.

I smiled weakly, "That sounds like a dream."

He chuckled tiredly, "We'll make it happen. You'll finally be free to love Jake without any hesitations."

"I don't think that'll happen anymore, Tyun." My voice cracked as I held my tears, "I hurt him so much."

"Then you'll make it up to him. After this is over, alright?" He tried to assure me. "Don't give up, princess. It isn't you. This isn't the girl I love."

I bit my lip to try and keep my tears away but it didn't work. I hurt Jake and Taehyun, two of the most important people in my life.

"I'm so sorry, Tyun," I whispered again.

He chuckled again, "I told you, I knew from the start. I love you nonetheless. You're my family."

I sobbed, "I love you, Tyun."

"I love you more. Hang on there, okay?"

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ SIM JAEYUN ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Please, Tyun. I just want to get out of here. I don't want this anymore."

I gasped as I overheard her statement. I could hear her crying so hard, it broke my heart.