20

Sage

I sat in class as I saw pansy walk in. I smiled as she sat next to me worried. "We need to talk." She said grabbing my hand and leading me out of the room and running me to the bathroom.

"Pansy we have class-"

"Shut up, Draco, he finished the cabinet." She whispered as my breath hitched. How is he feeling right now?

"Is he okay? I need to see him." I rushed but she pulled me back meeting my eyes again.

"Sage you need to go to the manor with blaise, he will meet you at the stairs to the astronomy tower. You cannot stay here." She mumbled as she looked over my shoulder and back to me. Suddenly I felt like a heavy weight, like this was actually going to happen.

"What about you?" I asked as she scoffed.

"Don't worry just get to the manor." She demanded as she turned me and pushed me out of the bathroom. I quickly ran down the corridors, I need to go to the astronomy tower but I also need to see Draco? What do I do?!

I made it there as I ran down the hallway. I saw blaise who stood nervously at the entrance. "Shit you okay sage?" He asked holding me as I nodded.

"I am fine, how's Draco." I mumbled as his eyes darted up to the stairs. Then a noise came from the hallway, a giggle.

"Shit we are to late, follow me. Stay quiet." He demanded as I quickly nodded before he took my hand and led me inside the astronomy tower. I heard voices but I couldn't point them out. Blaise opened a door and it was a small closet as the laughs came closer. Blaise placed his hand over my mouth as his breathing stopped.

I looked around confused as he didn't move. Then there were footsteps outside and I could hear the voices more.

"Good evening Draco, what brings you here on this fine spring evening?" Dumbledore announced.

"Who is here? I heard you talking." Draco sneered as blaise held my back tightly not letting go.

"I often talk aloud to myself. I find it extraordinarily useful. Have you been whispering to you yourself, Draco? Draco, you are no assassin." Dumbledore said softly.

"How do you know who I am! I have done things that would shock you!" Draco shouted.

"Like cursing Katie Bell and hoping that, in return, she would bear a cursed necklace to me? Like replacing a bottle of mead with one laced with poison? Forgive me, Draco, but I cannot help feeling these actions are so weak that your heart couldn't really be in them." Dumbledore spoke

"He trusts me! I was chosen!" I heard a fabric lift up as my heart started racing. No no Draco.

"I shall make it easy for you."

"Expelliarmus!" Draco shouted as something fell to the ground.

"Very good, very good." The laughs got closer and suddenly started walking up the stairs. Bellatrix. "You're not alone? There are others? How?"

"The vanishing cabinet in the room of requirement. I've been mending it." Draco said.

"Let me guess; it has a sister? A twin?" Dumbledore asked.

"At Borgin & Burke's. They form a passage."

"Ingenius. Draco, years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you." Dumbledore started as I heard crying.

"I don't want your help! Don't you understand? I have to do this! I have to kill you! Or he's going to kill me.." Draco is crying oh my gosh. My eyes shifted the blaise who looked so scared he might piss himself.

"Well well what do we have here! Well done Draco." Bellatrix whispered.

"Good evening Bellatrix, I think introductions are called for." Dumbledore said politely as you would do when you almost are about to die.

"Love to albus, but I am afraid we're on a bit of a tight schedule." She sneered as a tear ran down my cheek and onto Blaise's hand but he kept it there.

"He doesn't have the stomach, just like his father. Let me finish him my own way." Fernir growled. Oh Draco, I am so sorry.

"No! The Dark Lord was clear; The boy's to do it. This is your moment. Do it! Go on, Draco! NOW!" Bellatrix clapped back as I heard footsteps going up the stairs.

"No." Snape announced.

"Severus, please." Dumbledore pleaded.

"Avada kadvra!" Snape shouted as tears ran down my face.

Bellatrix giggled as their footsteps made their way down. Blaise kept still but I wanted to go and see Draco and how he's doing. I couldn't.

Once it faded me and blaise stepped out as we walked out into the hall "Are you okay?" Blaise asked as I shook my head covering my mouth with my hands.

"No." I cried as he pulled me to him.

"Hey we have to go to the manor and Draco will meet us there, okay?" Blaise looked down as I nodded before he ran us through the halls and down to the courtyard but he kept behind the cobblestone at the sight of hagrid hut burning up in flames and bellatrix danced around it. I could see Draco, he was sad.

Blaise quickly dragged me away and down the hill aparating us off of Hogwarts and In front of the manor. I knew it here, I have already been here.

Blaise led me to the door as he knocked and narcissa opened the door "Is it done?" She asked quickly as her eyes darted back from me and blaise.

"Mhm, Draco told us to come here." Blaise mumbled as she nodded.

"Of course, come in." She guided us in as I stepped on the marble floor I once was.

"Now is this sage?" She asked blaise as I blushed a bit.

"Yes this is sage." Blaise laughed.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled but quickly whipped it off.

We sat for a while before the door open and Draco walked in lifeless. Like he had been through everything and back.

"Draco." I breathed standing up as he was in a gaze. His eyes were glued to the floor as she stepped closer. His hair was messy, his suit was dirty.

"Darling." Narcissa said as she held Draco but he pushed her off.

"I need to be alone right now- except for sage." He mumbled still not making eye contact with anyone as he walked closer to me. His eyes were droopy, his arms dragged behind him as tears ran down his face.

"Will- Um just one second I am sorry I will be back." I said grabbing Draco and leading him up the stairs and opening his door.

I set him on the bed as he still stared at the ground. Paralyzed, in fear.

"Draco?" I asked as he didn't move.

"Yes sage." He whispered back.

"Do you want new clothes?" I asked sitting next to him as he finally lifted his head and his eyes met with mine.

"No I want you to hold me sage." He whispered.

"Okay- yes okay come here." I mumbled as I went to the headboard sitting down as he swung his body over to me and laying his head on my chest.