Chapter 3

Percy

After I saw the boy, Matt, walk away, I made my way to home room. By the time I got there almost everyone was seated, so I took a seat next to this kid who looked like a Latino elf. I was about to ask where I could get an application for Spanish Santa's workshop when the kid noticed me staring.

Yes, I know V and J are no where near each other in the alphabet, but just roll with it, K? For... Reasons..?

Oops.

"Dude, I know I'm attractive but DANG man you've been staring at me for the past five minutes!"

I felt myself blush madly at being caught, so I just turned around to face the board. The morning announcements were on, but I just tuned them out. I became aware of a tapping on my shoulder. I looked over and saw the elf man looking at me.

"What?" I whispered, hoping the teacher wouldn't catch us.

"I said, WHAT IS YOUR NAME?" He screamed the last part, and everyone swiveled in their chairs to look at us. I wanted to die of embarrassment. I waited until the last head turned.

"I'm Percy"

"Cool name. I'm Super Hot Leo McShizzle, at your service. My friends call me Leo," he said smiling at me. I smiled back.

"Nice to meet you Leo," I shook his hand. The bell rang right after, and I hurried off to my next class. Which happened to be math. One nap and three 40 minute periods later, it was time for lunch. I was looking forward to this, because I had found the perfect spot outside to eat. Also, food.

I slipped on my jacket and headed into the woods. I found the place, which I had to admit was beautiful. It was far enough back in the woods that the noise didn't carry, but close enough that I could still see the school. I walked around the lush green grass, settling under a large rock outcropping that was shaded with a layer of trees. How this place stayed so beautiful, I had no idea.

Suddenly, I heard a noise. I heard the crunching of dead leaves on the ground. I pulled myself into the cave-like structure some more, so that whoever was coming couldn't see me but I could see them.

Out of the bushes stepped two people with a picnic basket. One of them was that blond haired girl I had saw earlier, the one with the kind eyes. Holding her hand was Matt Sloan's friend. He had sharp blue eyes and blonde hair. He pulled her into the middle of the protective circle of trees. They both sat down, facing each other.

All of the sudden he started kissing her. Awkward. I was about to leave quietly and not disturb them, but I saw something that made my blood boil. The kissing had been soft before, but it had escalated to him on top of her pinning down her hands.

"Luke, stop," she said, voice firm. But I could hear the fear she was desperately trying to hide.

But he kept going.

"Luke, I said stop," she said again, fear evident in her voice.

All of the sudden Luke reached up and slapped her across the face. Hard. She gasped in surprise and tried to wiggle out from underneath him.

"Annabeth. I've been waiting forever. Just hold still," he said kissing her down at her stomach and up her neck.

"Luke get off me!" She started screaming for help, but he shoved his hand into the picnic basket and shoved a handkerchief into her mouth. She flailed everywhere, kicking out at him, but he was much heavier than her, and with one hard punch to her temple, she was for sure seeing stars.

I jumped out from behind the rock, and tackled him. I had heard that he was a star athlete and that I shouldn't mess with him, but what was I supposed to do? Let him get away with it?

Well, his "star athlete" title payed off. He heard me coming and shoved me away. In my peripheral vision I saw Annabeth scramble backwards. I threw a punch, but to my surprise, he caught my fist. Just like I had with Matt. Using his other hand, he repeatedly punched my face, making me dizzy. I couldn't see Annabeth anywhere, so I assumed she went for help.

He punched me once in the gut and on the head again, before I fell to the forest floor. Luke was about to stomp on me when he lurched back.

I lifted my head to see two guys restraining Luke, another one circling him. The one circling him landed one good punch right on his temple, and he was out cold.

I saw three girls crowded around me. They were all beautiful. One had choppy brown hair in a braid. She was looking at another girl. The other girl had chocolate colored skin and caramel colored hair. Her golden eyes were partly covered by her curly hair. The last girl was Annabeth.

I watch Annabeth stand up and go kick Luke in the ribs. He groaned softly as he slept. The one boy who had pale blonde hair hauled Luke up to a tree and propped him against it.

I sat up and a wave of dizziness overtook me. I didn't lay back down though. My many years with Gabe have taught me never to show weakness. Life with Gabe wouldn't have been so bad if my mom was still alive.

She died in a car crash. We had been moving to a new place since Gabe's work had moved. Three-year-old me sat in the back of the car, waiting to get there. I asked every ten seconds if we were there yet. But neither Gabe nor my mom, Sally, got angry. Every time I said it they would just look at each other and smile. But she stopped smiling. She screamed. A drunk driver driving a tractor trailer veered onto the wrong side of the road. We hit head on. Gabe and I survived. My mom didn't. She died because of a faulty airbag.

I came back to the present when I saw someone waving their hands in front of my face. It was a blond not with electric blue eyes and white/blond hair. He gazed at me, almost looking concerned. That can't be right, I don't even know him.

He smiled when he saw my eyes focus. Then my vision was obscured with a tiny elf face

"DUDE YOURE ALIVE!" Leo screamed right in my ear.

"YES I AM!" I yelled right back. He smiled and stepped back.

I stood up and casually leaned against a tree, but in all honesty that was the only thing keeping me standing. I think Luke landed one too many punches to my skull.

All of the sudden I felt arms around me. I looked down, surprised to see a crying Annabeth. From what I've heard, she's pretty tough. Even her friends looked shocked.

"Thank *sniff* you for *sob* saving me!" She cried into my shirt.

I awkwardly patted her back and the choppy haired girl gave me a smile. I saw blondies hand around her waist, and this buff dudes's hand holding the one with golden eyes. Gosh I need to learn names.

Leo stood in a corner, pretending to make out with a tree. I barely held in my laugh.

After about five minutes Annabeth pulled away looking embarrassed. Her face was streaked with tears.

"So... Um.. I'm Piper. That's my boyfriend Jason, (the one around her waist) that's Hazel and Frank, (the other couple) and that weirdo is-" she was cut off by Leo.

"HE ALREADY KNOWS ME WE ARE BESTIES," he slung his arm around my shoulder. I had to keep myself from screaming and pushing him off.

"So I don't think we should tell the principal, because that's Luke's dad, so just say the bruises are from Matt or someone," Annabeth said, trying to take control of the situation. I nodded.

"Oh, and tomorrow you can sit with us," she said, a smile creeping up on her face.

Heyo! So thanks for reading, and vote comment whatever. Go read Warrior_of_the_Sea 's stories, THEY'RE REALLY GOOD. And give me tips on how to make my writing better! Catch you on the flip side 😎

~Mama Llama

PS Went back in 2016 and tried to review this trash. What even was I doing oh my gods.