Chapter 1

Annabeth's POV

I woke up to sunlight streaming through my windows onto my face. Not the best way to start a Monday. I groaned and rolled out of my bed, smacking my foot in the process. I groaned again and stumbled into the bathroom. My hair was a complete rat's nest, and I bet a million dollars that my breath smelled just as bad. I tried to work through my curly knots, checking my messages in the process. One text from Piper.

O. M. G. JASON JUST ASKED ME OUT. I AM SCREAMING IN MY PILLOW RIGHT NOW. AHHHHH!

-Piper

And that text was from, TWO THIS MORNING?  Who asks a girl out at two a.m.? Creepy.

 I finally finished brushing my hair, and soon after, my teeth. I made my way over to my closet, picking out a pair of jeans and a dark gray tank to go with it. I slipped on my black converse, grabbed my keys and dashed out the door, giving my dad a hug on the way out.

Outside a green mustang was at the curb, waiting for me. I jumped in and gave my boyfriend, Luke, a kiss on the cheek. He wore a gray shirt with ripped jeans and his letterman's jacket. After I pulled away his cute blue eyes pleaded for more but stopped when I gave him a glare. Not that I didn't like making out with my boyfriend, it's just that I don't want to be in relationship that's purely physical. I want something, more, I guess. And as long as I kept Luke in check, we were the perfect couple.

Usually.

His car pulled into the street, speeding into the road.

"So, Annie. I'm having a small get- together at my house this weekend. You're coming right?" He asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

"First of all, what did I say about calling me Annie? And yes of course I'm coming.  Why wouldn't I?" I replied, taking out my book and flipping to the marked page.

"I thought you might ditch me for your books," he said, smirking a little.

Before I could retaliate, we pulled up into Goode High's parking lot. I jumped out of the car, running to where my best friend Piper stood, talking with our other friend, Hazel Levesque. I gathered them both up in a bear hug, squeezing until they started complaining. Once I let go, we all started telling each other about our summers. I barely noticed Luke come up from behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist, rocking slightly. I settled into him, listening to Piper telling Hazel that no, she could not talk to Jason yet. I giggled at that.

Since we were all super early, we had tons of time to talk. Our other friends, Thalia and Silena joining us a few minutes later. After we were all caught up, Luke and I went over to the office to get our schedules. We had all the same classes. Probably because Luke's dad was the principal.

As we were walking into the school, I heard some kids chanting, and figured there must be a fight somewhere.

When we walked out into the hall, I was proven right. One of them I recognized as Matt Sloan, the king of sleezeballs and, unfortunately, one of Luke's best friends. which, now that I think about it, says a lot about Luke.

The other, I didn't know. He had windswept raven black hair and flashing sea green eyes. Huh, I thought, must be new. And stupid. I pity the fool who picks a fight with Matt, no matter what day. I sent him I sympathetic look, turning and walking away.

The first three classes went smoothly, and I aced all of the pop quizzes our teachers gave us. Luke came up to me after fourth period with a happy look in his eyes. Weirdly, I could see some kind of glint behind his eyes, but I brushed it off for now.

"Hey babe. So since we have lunch sixth period and I have a study hall next, I was thinking I could go get us food, and we can eat out in the woods? I found a great spot. It's almost as pretty as you," he said, his voice begging me.

"Well, I guess. But only because you called me pretty," I said, smiling at him.

"Great. See you later, babe!" Luke yelled over his shoulder, headed in the direction of the front doors.

I smiled and shook my head. Though, I couldn't get that glint out of my mind. I decided I would mentally analyze it later. Since I had study hall right now too, I went to my locker and grabbed my makeup bag. It didn't have much in it, but I wanted to look good for Luke. He gets kinda agitated if I "don't try my best" or something.

After sprucing myself up in the bathroom, I fixed my hair and clothes, then settled down in the library for the remainder of the period to read. Once the bell rang, I smiled to myself.

I was actually a little suspicious of Luke. He never does anything that romantic, ever.  But, hey, if h is changing, I'm not going to complain.

I walked to his locker and we linked hands, walking out the front doors and towards the woods. Usually, they were beautiful, but today, they seemed to have a darkness around them. I was a bit scared to go in, but Luke would protect me.

Right?

So hello my pretties. This is my first story on this website, so thanks for reading it! Vote and comment pointers! I love feedback. With that, have a nice day/night and hopefully I can update tomorrow. Sorry that its so short. Bye my lovlies!

-Mama Llama

PS~ I read this like a year later(it is now 2016) and its TERRIBLE I am so sorry. I tried to make it better but there I only so much I can do. My writing has definitely improved, I'm positive. So sorry about this.