Chapter 60

*Sometimes it's better to lose and do the right thing, then win and do the wrong thing*

*Leah's pov*

"Hey, you will go to Vienna right, with Natasha?" Tony asked, handing me my purse before I got on the private jet. I was heading to London for Peggy's funeral; Tony was going to arrive after the Funeral, just to pay some respect since Peggy was like his Aunt.

"Sure, I'll see how it goes," I answer him, giving him a hug before leaving.

* * *

I was sat at the front row at the cathedral, sitting next to Sam, and another space next to me for Steve when he comes to sit down. The Cathedral was packed with people I didn't know, all mourning over Peggy's death. Steve was one of six pallbearers, carrying the coffin down the aisle and his eyes are red and puffy; he had been crying.

"And now I would like to invite Sharon Carter to come up and say a few words," the priest said.

I don't think I have ever been more shocked in my life before. Agent 13, known as mine and Steve's past neighbour, Kate, steps up onto the podium. Steve is looking down, and I nudge him. He looks up to see Sharon, who glances down at the three of us.

"Margret Carter was known to most as a founder of S.H.I.E.L.D.....but I just knew her as Aunt Peggy," Sharon began to speak....

Wait a damn minute.

AUNT PEGGY

I hear Steve take a surprised breath, and I'm surprised I never gasped, but my eyes definitely widened when she told us who she really was. Oh I swear if Steve falls for ANOTHER Carter, I think I might throw a chair at someone's head.

"She had a photograph in her office. Aunt Peggy standing next to JFK. As a kid, that was pretty cool. But it was a lot to live up to. Which is why I never told anyone we were related," as Sharon finished that sentence, she looked directly and me and Steve. Since its a funeral, I don't want to be disrespectful so I'm trying to keep it together.

"I asked her once how she managed to master diplomacy and espionage in a time when no one wanted to see a woman succeed at either. And she said compromise where you can. But where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you move....it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in the eye and say...no, you move."

Daaaamn, she been having speech lessons off Steve or something?

* * *

"Thanks for agreeing to come, Leah," Natasha said, walking into a big conference room.
"

Well, I have nothing else to do," I laugh, which she returns.

"Excuse me?"
"Yes?" Me and Natasha turn around.
"These need your signatures," a UN staffer said.
"Thankyou," Natasha said.

"I suppose neither of us is used to the spotlight," A man said walking up to us.
"Oh, well, it's not always so flattering," I laugh.

"You seem to be doing right so far. Considering your last trip to Capotil Hill, I wouldn't think you would be particularly comfortable with this company."
"Well, I'm not," I smile up at him. I notice that it's Prince T'Challa.
"That alone makes me glad you are here, Miss Harper," he returns the smile.