Chapter 53

*I have a meanness inside me, real as an organ*

*Leah's Pov*

We all gathered in the kitchen, after Fury had came to see us and speak about the current situation.

I slumped back into my chair, sitting next to Lila, while she coloured in a butterfly that I had drawn for her.

"Ultron took you folks out if play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of Vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing," Fury began to explain.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve spoke up.
"Ah, he's everywhere. Guys multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit," Fury laughed.

"He still going after launch codes?" Tony asked, playing darts with Clint.
"Yes, he is, but he's not making any headway."

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare," Tony said, trying to make a point.
"Yeah, well, I contacted our friends at the N.E.X.U.S about that."

"N.E.X.U.S?" Steve asked, leaning against the doorframe.
"Its the world Internet hub in Oslo, every byte of data flows through there, fastest access on earth," I turned to face him in my chair, explaining what it is.

"So what did they say?" Clint looked at Fury, with his eye brows furrowed.
"He's fixated on the missiles, but the codes are constantly being changed," Fury answered.

"By whom?" Tony asked.
"Parties unknown."
"Do we have an ally?" Natasha said, leaning her elbows on the table next to me.

"Ultrons got an enemy, that's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay for folding money to know who it is."
"I might need to visit Oslo, find our, 'unknown'," Tony informed us.

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kinda hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that," Banner spoke up nervously, shuffling in his position anxiously.

"I do, I have you. Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere. Here we all are, back on earth, with nothing but our wit, and our will to save the world. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard," Fury swore.

"Steve doesn't like that kind of talk," me and Natasha said at the same time, and we exchanged smiling looks.
"You know what you too," Steve rolled his eyes playfully.

"So what does he want?" Fury asked eating a half sliced sandwich that he had been making during this conversation.

"To become better. Better than us. He keeps building bodies," Steve answered, his serious tone quickly coming back.

"Person bodies. The human form is inefficient, biologically speaking, we are outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it," Tony sighed.

Lila slides her coloured butterfly next to me, and I smiled at her making her have a gigantic smile back. "I love it!" I mouthed to it, and she got up from her seat and sat on my knee.

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed," Natasha said smugly.

I looked at the colouring in, a sudden thought coming to mind.

"They don't need to be protected, they need to evolve," I said, referring to the butterfly that gave me the thought. "Ultrons going to evolve," I finished.

"How?" Fury stood up.

"Has anyone been in contact with Dr Helen Cho?"

Word Count:545
Hello! Quick chapter. I have school so im going to be very unfocused a lot from publishing, so just thought I'd let yall know!
Kiwi ~🥝