12. just the two of us

i love you hange <3 i just want the best for you 。゚(゚'Д`゚)゚。

。゚(゚`゚)゚。

also where did everyone that was reading go pls come back 😟😟
—•
y/n's pov:
you were on a orange tiled rooftop in trost district, serving as some sort of observer, you didn't quite understand, the captain really doesn't talk much unless it's an insult. you focus on observing the roads, watching for the "enemy" soldiers, with occasional worrying thoughts about hange. you clutch the brooch she gave you and told whispered to yourself, "focus, hange will be fine."

gunshots

quickly shocking you out of your thoughts, you whip your head around in panic checking the positions of your squad mates. alive, alive, alive,

nifa?

more gunshots but this time, they're from directly behind you.

you find yourself in a chase with 3 military police in gear you'd never seen before. that shit was practically made to kill people! did they really plan to kill us all here?

they shots at you and you dodged to the best of your ability. am i supposed to kill them? what does hange mean 'they need your skills'? i'm not as skillful as anyone here??!

you remembered mikasa skillfully maneuvering herself through the city with her her gear. it's not a great time to experiment, but you decide to try and mimic her movements.

you were almost surprised how well it worked but now you had to take them down. you can't just run for your whole life. your mind knew exactly what to do, but your body failed to replicate, as you stabbed the guy on the right with your hook but you painfully landed on a hard tiled roof. fuck.

✿ (at the warehouse, a few hours later)

"hey y/n??" sasha cooed, "are ya in a bad mood again?"

"i just don't like the idea of having to kill people,"

"and..?" jean added.

"and?" you said in genuine confusion.

"aren't you worried about a certain someone too?" jean teased.

life felt like it was on sudden death mode and you desperately grabbed the brooch on your button up blouse. then again, in panic, you let go and grab your face that was indeed warm from the red. you exhale, not so calmly.

"even if you're flustered it's usually not this bad,, did something happen?" sasha said. "you can tell me y'know. i'll always be with you unlike them!"

you feel captain levi's gaze on you. gaze, because it wasn't as threatening as a glare, but it was still there. how could you ever tell them about your night with hange? it was a secret 'between the two of us' like she said. you especially hated being the center of attention too.

"no, sorry sasha." you look to see what her expression was. "i can't tell."

"enough of your jokes. we're out on a mission right now." the short man interrupted.

what a party pooper he was, but you were thankful, at least the lights were off of you. sasha pouted and continued shoving food down her throat with no regard of anything else happening around her, she ended up grabbing your uneaten bread too. you get up to get it back, but of course you got up too fast and you remember your ass was still sore from the fall earlier today.

✿ (skip cuz maki is lazy asf)

"there are people coming!" sasha exclaimed as you all had to be especially careful since you were living in a forest and trying not to get caught and slaughtered by the military police. everyone got in place, ready to attack, including you of course.
when will i be able to see the sparkle of joy in hange's eyes again? life is dull without that crazy scientist.

the two people that were coming removed their hoods and the one that was closer to you said in a familiarly husky yet smooth voice, "it's us"

"hange!!" you nearly yelled, but stopped yourself because you remembered the scouts were still in hiding.

"i told you that you'd be able to see me again!" she said. passing by you to get to the short captain, she kissed your cheek ever so slightly. that feeling of her lips touching yours was what you missed very dearly.

she proceeded to tell the group that the coup d'etat was successful and after learning the history of the reiss chapel, that they should search for eren and historia there. she was truly amazing. you counted yourself lucky, being close to such wonderful of a woman. you all were now free, so what's next?