5. atmosphere

oh lord hange is so fucking fiiiine😩😩🤚(low quality pic lolol)—•y/n's pov; a few min later:"hange? why is the center going into the forest? how will-"

(low quality pic lolol)
—•
y/n's pov; a few min later:
"hange? why is the center going into the forest? how will-"

"y/n, calm down and think."

following her command, you take a few deep breaths and it clears your mind.

"you understand now right?"

"sure," you mutter under your breath,, using every ounce of your energy to suppress your unease. you look up and watch hange's long brunette hair flow in the wind, waiting for the next command.

"we're going around!" she orders.

following her lead, you and the rest of the soldiers under her command ride around the forest of giant trees.

"why are we going around?"
"why is the center going alone?"
"if the center goes in alone—"

hange didn't seem to hear the soldiers questions,, or she was pretending not to hear them, maybe for the same reason why she told you to think for yourself. the section commander gives you a knowing look as if telling to let them figure it out themselves.

the atmosphere is so tense.. i feel like i'm walking on a tightrope!

atmosphere

ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒'𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑣:
i hear the new recruit's anxious breathing. worrying me, i quietly question her, "is there anything wrong? ya nervous again?" i giggle softly, trying to lighten up her mood.

why do i worry about her feelings so much?

"not really, it's just a nervous habit haha.." she mumbled, her confidence dwindling with every word.
"doesn't that mean you're nervous then?"
"i guess so, but also i'm not really nervous, in a way,"

"that's good"

y/n's pov—•
AAAGH DAMMIT!
i need to stop making her worry about me! it's only the first mission but she'll think i'm super annoying already! aiya..!

you stifle a sigh to avoid worrying her again. she suddenly stops her horse and yells for the soldiers to keep going as she would be heading into the forest alone. you feel her grab your hand and pull you beside her.

"you're coming with me~" she says in a teasing way, winking in the process.

your body rapidly tries to catch up to the situation, creating a sudden and intense reaction. you feel your face heat up as pigment rushes to your cheeks.

AH! stop! stop it right now! you fucking wimp! it was just an order. AN ORDER!

IT DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING!

swallowing your feelings both literally and figuratively, you try to calm down.

when was i such an emotional wreck, ugh

"come on", she says, dragging you out of your train of thoughts. "you sure have a habit of overthinking do you?"

she saw right through me!?
your checks light up again and this time you could do nothing but pray she wasn't watching.

hange's pov:
i turned my head forward, still not taking my gaze off of y/n. she doesn't seem to notice that i'm still looking at her and i see her face turn red in the corner of my eye.

"let's go," i whisper.

y/n nods, signaling that she was ready.
in response, i raced off into the forest and i glance back to see her following me. a relief i'd say.

we arrived at the spot erwin had requested we meet up.

"oh you're here, hange."

𝑎𝑢𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑟'𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡𝑒:
heyy um sorry this chapter was kinda shit imo and i was kinda on an emotion high while writing this because i was rewatching violet evergarden and some hange amvs and edits. i love how there are barely any people reading this. also its my birthday tomorrow yay i guess.