"A little?" Ron chuckled.

***

Harry was seated on a large rock in the middle of the forbidden forest. He was quiet while he watched the Thestrals stomp around in the dirt.

"Potter?" A voice suddenly asked, making Harry snap his attention towards the Hufflepuff standing by a tree.

"Wither" he replied coldly. He was not in the mood to talk to her. Or anyone for that matter.

"Why so glum?" Opal chuckled and began walking closer, her eyes trained on the thin dark figures surrounding her.

"I don't think that's any of your business" Harry stated.

"It's not" Opal admitted. "But you seem rather bothered - and not the good kind."

Harry's eyes widened. Was she being serious right now? The girl only rolled her eyes once noticing Harry's blush. "Relax, Gryffindork, I'm kidding."
Harry didn't feel like talking to her - or anyone for that matter. His focus was on something else. Or rather - someone else.

"Jeez, you use to be a lot more fun" Opal muttered and started stumbling towards Harry. "May I?" She didn't really care of his response and plopped down next to him.

"What do you want?" Harry grumbled. He had gotten tired of having to repeat that question in the past few months.

Opal smiled slightly and replied, "exactly what you want - for all this to end."

Harry arched a brow. "Aren't you a dea-"

"- yes, but that doesn't mean I actually want this" She stated. Harry only frowned in confusion, quietly asking her to elaborate. Opal scoffed. "You didn't seriously think Malfoy was the only one who didn't have a choice, did you? None of us did. Not really. Voldemort, he... He is one evil bastard, Potter."

Harry noticed she wanted to say something else - something about her situation. Or whatever the hell you call this. Instead of saying that he noticed, he replied, "and you only realize that now?"

Opal only rolled her eyes. "Harry, I-" she hesitated. "I know you can end this."

"How?" Harry asked irritatedly. "We are closing in on a war and all I have to go on is a stupid vile, Dumbledore's lectures and-"

"- you have the vile?" Opal questioned; a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

Harry bit his bottom lip. He didn't mean to start off with that - or let it slip out.

"Harry, do you know what this means?" She gasped excitedly. Her smile was beautiful, but terrifying. The Gryffindor had gotten quite use to her scowl.

"I'm an idiot who can't keep his mouth shut?" He suggested sarcastically.

"N- well yes, but no" Opal shrugged. "It means that you have the one thing Voldemort wants. If you destroyed it-"

"- I could end all this?" The boy said hopefully.

"Perhaps" Opal nodded. "A big perhaps. There might not be a war after all if we destroy that thing."

"We?"

"Yeah?"

"No way. If I'm- we are destroying this, I want to talk to Draco about it first."

(A/N Oh, So NoW yOu WaNt To TaLk?)

~ Meanwhile ~

"Draco-" Hermione protested, but the Slytherin only rolled his eyes and whined back, "Hermione..."

She sighed. "Fine, what is it?"

"This" He said gesturing to the box in his hand. "is for you."

Hermione's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "I'm sorry- what?"

"This. Is. For. You" Draco spelled out slowly. Hermione huffed.

"Yes, you prick, I heard you the first time" she stood up from the couch and walked over to Draco. His green robes did not look good with the Gryffindor common room. "What is it?"

Draco shrugged. "It's a surprise."

"Oh really?" Hermione asked sarcastically. "I thought surprises were supposed to be fun and... Well... Enjoyable."

Draco rolled his eyes again. "Just take it."

Hermione took the box and headed back to her spot on the couch. "Harry's not here by the way."

"I know" He said quietly. "But I didn't come here for him."

"We both know that's not true, Draco" Hermione sighed.

Draco didn't respond this time and motioned to leave.

"Draco, wait" Hermione protested. He looked back. "Promise me you'll talk to Harry, okay? I'm sure he'll come around any day now."

Draco smiled, for a moment. "Only if you promise to talk to Pansy."

This time Hermione was the quiet one.

"She wanted to tell you, 'mione. She really did" Draco stated with a guilty tone. "Maybe you should just hear her side of the story."

Hermione looked back at the box and nodded. "Alright. I promise."

"Good" and with that, he left the common room.

Hermione tucked a strand of hair behind her ear before reaching for the white ribbon tied around the box. She unwrapped it slowly, almost cautiously.

Her breath hitched once she removed the lid. Delicate, laced material folded neatly with an envelope on top.

From: Pansy
To: Hermione

The brunette bit her lip and tore open the brown rectangular packet. Her eyes swayed over the neat handwriting:

Dear Hermione,

Don't even think about protesting. This is my gift to you.
Like I said, you need to spoil yourself from time to time - but since you're Hermione bleeding Granger, I guess I'll have to do it for you.
Meet me tonight down by the lake. Wear the dress.

Again - no protesting,
Pansy.

"For fuck's sake" Hermione smiled through the threatening tears as she hurried over to the desk to grab a pen and parchment. The letter was probably written... She shook her head and began writing. No matter what time Pansy wanted to do this, she would have to do it now.

No protesting.