Chapter 1 : Painted Faith

The exotic scent of sweet smell of roses and lilies filled my nose as its strong fragrance hit the back of my throat. I gently opened my eyes and saw a lovely sight of a garden where colors were everywhere – bright color, subtle color – pinks, reds, purples, and blues.

"Father?" I asked, brows snapped together. "I..." Tears quickly ran down from my cheeks, could not find any words. My lips quivered in fear, hands covering my mouth. "My wings. I couldn't feel it."

I stood up. But a loud thug rung into my ears as I took a great fall. It took me a moment to realize that when any angels touch a human faith upshot a consequence. This was that consequence. I pondered how should I am going to take these or how faith could fit the mosaic upon the choice that I took. Without it, the picture just will not be complete.

I scanned the surroundings. On the western edge there were rows and rows of lemon grass and its citrus smell lingered on the tips of my nostrils. Bordering the southern end were large clumps of ginger with a pungent scent as the wind blew. I stood up, adjusting. I tried to walk but it has no use, I could never take a step forward.

The smell of honeysuckle rules most of the time – it was heavy, overpowering fragrance which conquered all the other scents in the garden – except the old fashion mock orange whose citrus notes compete and at times. The rustling was soothing in a way – not harsh or irritating, the wind was gently moving the plants.

The longer I stared, the less terrifying and more mesmerizing it was. Things were moving back and forth at a certain speed, but Father's figure opted to remain at rest. He appeared at the center, shining brightly and then faded after he landed at the seemed so soft cloud. It was as if life was moving beneath our fingertips, beneath our feet...like a contraption that painted the world below.

"Child, listen in thy self and show the face thou viewest." Warmth shimmered in his eyes and continued, "Now is the time that self should shape another; whose fresh repair if now thou not renewest."

I could see the different colors palpitate as it swirled up and down, but there was this blue and white mixture dominant at the whole area. On the other hand, it was eerily quiet, but I could feel the warmth and the tranquility.

I gazed at Father again, "I begged for your mercy to halt this perplexing precis."

But he shook his head slightly and smiled. "Remained in calm for thou are not leaving anyone alone."

My forehead creased. I bowed my head; confusion flowed into my entire body.

He stepped down as he walked towards me. "Listen, thou dost beguile the world and this person, for he was so fair for those who loves certain," he uttered.

"Who is this person thou are referring to?" I asked.

"The one who disdains the faith of the dried and gash string." He patted my head as his chin held high.

"Or who is he so fond will be the tomb? Of his selfish love, to stop the heavens."

I bit my bottom lip, tears dwelled into my eyes. "Father, father." I paused, trying to catch my breath, preventing the tears to fall. "This angel still in puzzle in tableau."

He smiled at me at it was the first time he had seen me. "Be a fool of your own," he replied. He pointed at my heart and said, "This will guide you."

I remained silent as my heart increased its pound. For a moment, my mind had become empty, blank, a new slate. His words had seemed to wash over me like a cold tide. At the same time, I was too much summer to achieve the inner bond, to truly comprehend his words.