❁ It's Gone From Bad To Worse ❁

Start from the beginning

"Severin, what've you got to say to that?"

He just stared at Serayah. For the longest ever time.

DeVante had realised this, asking him the same question again.

"Severin?"

"Serayah, I can't control who I have feelings for," he had replied. "And I wasn't planning on spending time with her. Both of us have had trouble sleeping lately so sometimes we'd hang in the living room when the rest of you guys were sleeping. I guess we did it so much that it kind of became a force of habit? Yeah, you do sound jealous. But imma let it slide for now."

Of course I sound jealous Severin! Serayah had howled, Severin and DeVante fixing their eyes in her the whole time.

Like I said, goodness knows what you've been doing with Solana! For all I know you've probably impregnated her without even realising it. And what's this I hear about you two almost kissing?!

He totally forgot about that.

"Erm.... I haven't impregnated Solana and—"

"You know what? Let's just call this a day, huh?" DeVante beamed, clapping his hands.

He had even unlocked the door.

He didn't want this conversation to get worse, but it did.

Because even though he had given them the opportunity to leave, they didn't, since Serayah wanted to know something.

"Say Solana wasn't in a relationship and neither was I... who would you choose?"

That was not what DeVante was expecting her to say... locking the door again because he wanted to know the answer.

Severin freaked.

"Serayah, you can't put me on the spot like that."

"No! I wanna know! Who would you choose?"

Severin didn't know what to say to that.

If he had chosen Serayah, that was kind of a lie.

But if he had said Solana, yes, that was the truth although he knew what Serayah was capable of. She didn't always handle confrontation well.

Solana gets me in ways Serayah doesn't.

At the same time, I've only Solana for five days. I've known Serayah for ages.

Serayah's literally the reason for your depression. Don't forget that!

Yes, but Solana's way out of my league. Serayah is in my league as much as I hate to admit it.

And with that, Severin had made up his mind.

"Solana," had he admitted truthfully. "She can help me become a better person. You've kinda been bringing me down lately."