❁ Ain't No Jodeci Without DeVante! ❁

Multimedia: the place where Jodeci talk
(The guest room)

I'm so used to doing double updates for this book that if I don't do one it'll be kinda weird 🤣 so here's another one.

🎶 Without a girl on my side, it'll ruin me
Forget the world, girl, it's you and me
Now let's ride 🎶

Chapter Ten

"You're going to Paris?!"

Right now, DeVante was in the guest room of K-Ci's house, who he had lived with his fiancé.

And her sister.

And her boyfriend.

Plus their five pets. 

It was chaotic in there sometimes but K-Ci didn't really seem to mind.

They had a pet turtle, starfish, octopus, cat and dog.

The starfish and octopus had lived in a tank, with the cat and dog inevitably always fighting with each other, which was jarring but that was life.

DeVante had just told the rest of them the news, and he nodded.

K-Ci just folded his arms at him without saying anything.

Dalvin and Jojo however didn't seem too pleased because this was all so sudden.

K-Ci was actually seemingly more upset about this than they were, he just didn't show it.

"Dude, why didn't you tell us you were going Paris?" Dalvin had continued, he was the one that had yelled if DeVante was really going to Paris earlier on. "It won't be the same without you though. 'Cause ain't no Jodeci without DeVante."

"Word, you can't just be jumping surprises on us and expect us to be  happy about it," Jojo added, with K-Ci just staring. "Because we ain't. Whether you like it or not."

DeVante sighed.

In the nicest way possible?

He was going Paris because of them.

Not just them— everyone.

The pressure for DeVante to get himself a wife or a girlfriend most especially at aged 27 got too much for him and he just needed a breather to be honest.

And even though he was thinking this, he didn't exactly say it.

"I didn't think y'all would care," DeVante had confessed, sighing again. "Not only that though. I knew y'all wouldn't have had the time to listen to my problems."

Dalvin and Jojo wanted to know what he had meant, with K-Ci still remaining quiet for some reason.

He was shooting daggers at DeVante, which DeVante didn't seem to notice, or if he did then he had chosen to ignore it.