❁ Make No Mistake, She Needs A Break ❁

Keke Palmer as Katari
Lil Kim as herself
Steve Harvey as Armani (Katari's father)

🎶 That's why I need me a girl
That be true to me
Know 'bout the game
And know how it do to me 🎶

Chapter Nine

"Aaaaaaand... cut!"

That was coming from Lil Kim as she was in a studio, recording this advert on clothes that she wanted a lot of models to take part in.

She had just started a brand new clothing line with PrettyLittleThing and she wanted models to help her promote her clothes.

She was still thinking of a name for said clothing line, and one of these models was known as Katari.

Lil Kim and Katari were really close, especially how she was her producer in everything.

Modelling.

Acting.

Rapping and singing.

But just because Katari was multitalented didn't necessarily mean that she was happy with her life because she wasn't, she really needed a break.

"Good job y'all!" Lil Kim beamed, clapping her hands. "Y'all can take twenty. Then we finna come back to this studio and do things ten times better than before."

Like 27 year old DeVante really needed a girl in his life?

26 Year Old Katari really needed a boy in hers.

A lot of boys she knew had used her because she had a lot of fame, which Katari wasn't always aware of. Quite frankly, she was tired of people using her like that.

The main downside to being famous was that Katari couldn't have (easily) detected the people that genuinely wanted to be friends with her compared to those that didn't.

People pretended well.

Real situations had always exposed fake people.

That was what the studio Katari was in had looked like, and now she had just left there to go and talk to Lil Kim about something

"Lil Kim?"

She was talking to Katari's father Armani about something, who had sometimes helped her out but other times didn't.

He needed to look after Katari's younger brother and sister at home with his wife. She couldn't always have coped by herself.