“He has always been worthless. He doesn’t even want to abide by the rules of the pack, he doesn’t have the qualities that a true King should have.” He added with resentment. 

It hurt me to think that my father thinks so low of my brother, even though I haven’t met him I could assume the number of critics and taunts he had to endure for all these years. 

“What’s his name?” I was intrigued. 

“Bennett Lloyd,” Father replied. 

It strikes me then that I didn’t even know the name of my parents, with the union and the sudden news of departure the question had completely evaded my mind. It would hurt them more if I asked them the question now, therefore I tried to plan a method to know their names later. 

“Your father is called Frederick Lloyd and I am Madeleine McDermott-Lloyd.” Mother suddenly said. I looked up at her to see a teasing smile on her face.

How?’ I thought.

“I can hear your thoughts.” Her voice suddenly appeared in my head, startling me. 

I looked at her, confused about how she was doing this.

“We have the power of telepathy, haven’t you tried it before?” She asked confused.

“No, I was focused on practising the elemental powers.” I sheepishly replied. 

“It’s ok darling, we can work on this when we reach the castle.” She encouragingly replied. “And don’t worry your father doesn’t hate Benjamin he is just peachy since your brother loves to be a rebel.” She added, probably reading my worried thoughts. 

“What was Crystal’s name?” Jay piqued, breaking our telepathic conversation. 

“We had named her Bernadette Lloyd,” Father replied. His face shone with a proud feeling. It didn’t take me long to realize that he was the one that gave me that name.

“Wow, that’s a cool name,” Jay exclaimed, giving out a low whistle. 

“So are you guys going to change her name after she claims the throne?” Arabella questioned. 

“It would be her wish. We don’t want to rip her off of the identity that she had been living for twenty years.” Mother replied. 

I was thankful to them for respecting my wishes, it made me delighted that they weren't pushing me to accept and act upon this new reality. “Thanks, Mother,” I said looking at her.

“And Father, I will oud,” I said turning to look at him. They both smiled at me lovingly.

I gave them a full-blown smile, my heart elated at their joyous expressions. The car came to a stop; as the door was opened from the outside.

“We’re here.” The driver announced, lowering the partition.

Father ushered us to get down as he stepped out of the car and lend a hand to Mother. I stepped out of the car, followed by Jay and Arabella. A guard stood by the door with a deep scowl etched on his face. I ignored him and turned to look at the beautiful castle that stood in front of me screaming power, royalty and elegance. 

“Welcome Home,” Father said while he came to stand to my right. 

This wasn't my home, I had left my home behind and wasn't sure if I could ever return there but I didn't want to upset anyone so I refrained myself.

Father offered me his hand, which I took with a smile. He guided me through the cobblestone path towards the castle as Mother flocked to my left side with Jay and Arabella following behind. All the guards bowed in respect as we passed them. 

A guy stood by the entrance dressed in an all-black outfit, “Alpha, Luna.” He bowed addressing my parents. 

“Hello Hunter, everything was in order?” Father asked in a formal tone.

“Yes, Alpha,” Hunter replied.

“Dear, this is Hunter, my Beta.” Father introduced. “And Hunter, this is my daughter Princess Bernadette Lloyd.” He further announced. 

“It’s just for formality, don’t stress. You’re still Crystal.” Father leaned to whisper in my ears. I chuckled at my father’s nervousness, finding it adorable. 

Hunter seemed to have entered a trance before he quickly snapped out of it and bowed to me in respect. I gave him a slight nod in response.

“Welcome home My Lady., Hunter said, moving to open the double doors revealing the gigantic entrance hall that can put the mansion to shame.

“Let’s do it like the Queen we are,” Fiona said as we stepped through the doors, entering our new adobe, and this time we aren't letting anything take us away from here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys I have an important announcement to make, so after long consideration, I have decided to change the name of the book so that it fits the trilogy.
Yes! You heard it right, I plan to make this story into a trilogy (further plans of this will be announced later.)

So I decided upon the name "Bridge Of Legacy"

I would be officially changing the name and cover in the next update, this was a heads up to you all to avoid confusion

Hope you liked the chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment.