Mother and father looked startled by his sudden question. They seemed uncomfortable to answer “It’s someone close to us.” Father replied after contemplating for long.

“Dear, tell us something more about yourself, I want to know the likes and dislikes of my daughter.” Mother said, diverting the topic. I looked at her as she continued to look at me expectantly. 

“Uh..I. I like to bake, read, sometimes hum to the tune of music. And dislike anything sour.” I replied with a bit of hesitation. 

“Ok, I shall order everything sour to be banished in the castle,” Father spoke with authority.

I chuckled a little at his behaviour “Father I don’t think that’s necessary.” I said. A sad look seemed to cross his features at my words, making me confused if I said something wrong.

“Can’t you call me Dad?” He asked in a pleading tone.

“It's not easy to suddenly call you guys Mom and Dad. For the past twenty years of my life, I have grown up addressing someone else as my parents without even being aware of your existence?” I hesitantly answered.

I was reluctant to call them Mom and Dad, it wasn't easy to just dump everything into the trash and continue to live life as if nothing happened. For the past years, I had to go through innumerable thoughts and self-doubt just because my birth parents had abandoned me, even after knowing the truth things won't change magically like a Harry Potter movie. It would take time to heal.

“I know it won't be easy to let go of the past, but I hope you would give this relationship a shot.” Mother said. “It’s ok if you aren’t comfortable with it.” She added reassuringly. 

“I am here because I want to give this a shot. I realize that whatever happened was the situations demand, but the wound is deep and it would take a lot of time to heal.” I voiced out my thoughts. I didn't want to hurt them but I can't just sugar coat my words and let them live in false hope.

"Is it possible for the council to reject Crystal as the heir?" Arabella asked.

"She is the rightful heir, they are bound to accept her," Father replied

"But I am not a werewolf," I exclaimed afraid that my being a warlock would make the people hate me.

“It doesn’t matter if you’re a werewolf or a warlock, you are our daughter. That’s all that matters.” Mother calmly replied. “Why don’t we tell you about our pack, maybe it will help ease your nerves a bit.” She added.

I gave her a small nod as she talked about the pack.

“So we are called the Moon Stone Pack, we are often called the Royal Pack too. Your father and I, the Alpha and Luna respectively reigning as the King and Queen for twenty-two years now. The Council is more like the jury of the werewolf kingdom; they help the monarch take decisions, but the King always has the last word.” Mother explained. 

“So even if the Council rejects Crystal, she still can be the Queen.” Jay interrupted from beside me.

Father shot him a glare while Mother gave him a subtle nod.

“What if you hadn’t found me? Who would have been the next heir?” I asked. 

“It would have been your brother.” Father casually replied. 

“I have a brother?” I was shocked at this information. 

“Yes, he is a year younger than you. You would love him; he is a total sweetheart.” Mother replied.

“Wouldn’t he protest about me taking the throne?” I carefully worded my question. 

“Not.” Father strongly rejected it.