Chapter 29- Christmas Eve

Začít od začátku

The tv in the living room was on and I spotted mom sleeping on the couch. I covered her up and flipped off the tv before grabbing some chips and water also making sure everything was locked up. I felt relived when I noticed no one was outside the house.

I went back to my room and snacked on some chips while watching friends on my laptop. A car door shut from outside and then another one. My heart beat increased and I made my way to my window.

When I realized it was just the boys, I went and unlocked the front door. When I opened it I saw Theo with his arm wrapped around Grayson. A large bruise was on the side of Theo's face.

He limped in with the help of Grayson. "You will not believe what-"

I shush him quickly and motion to mom who was sleeping on the couch. He clamps his jaw shut and uses Grayson to walk to my room. I lock the door and follow them.

"You will not believe what happened!" Theo says as I shut my door. Grayson sits him on my bed before sitting next to him.

"What happened to your face and your leg?" I ask, leaning against my dresser.

"Well I figured out that you weren't the reason I'm bad at ice skating." He says, kicking off his shoes.

"Wow, really?" I reply in a monotone voice.

"Basically, I was skating when a really cute girl passed." He starts to recall. "And then I tripped over a little boy and face planted on the ice."

I bite my lip, trying to hide my laughter when Gray starts talking "and of course he didn't quiet there. He was trying to do some weird ballerina trick-"

"Not ballerina, figure skater."

"That doesn't matter."

"Yes it does, there's a big difference. Ballerinas-"

"Boys" I interrupt their argument, not wanting to hear Theo's speech on the difference between ballerinas and figure skaters.

"Anyways, I was trying to figure skate" he sends a pointed look to Grayson who crosses his arms and leans back on a stack of pillows. "When I tried to do a spin trick I twisted my ankle."

I push off my dresser and turn around, rummaging through one of my drawers. When I find my first aid kit, I walk over to Theo and sit on the floor. His ankle was a little swollen and blue but nothing too bad.

While I'm wrapping it up the boys continue to argue. Once I'm finally done I stand up and examine Theo's face. "Gray, can you grab a steak from the freezer?"

"I know I've only been gone for a few hours but did we somehow become an upper class suburban family while I was gone?" Theo questions with a playful glint in his eyes.

"Shut up and grab some peas or something." I roll my eyes and shove my little brother. He comes back a couple minutes later with a large smile.

"Look what I found!" He holds up a Mickey Mouse ice pack and Theo squeals.

"I haven't seen that in years!" Theo grabs it and places it on his cheek.