Layla tried to copy the movements of her squad leader, and eventually she had a small crown of brightly colored flowers, gently woven together, although it wasn't as nice as Ang's. The older woman's flower crown was made of bright yellow and white daffodils and vibrant orange wild poppies. "Who taught you how to do this?" Layla's question was only curious, and while she considered keeping up with her lie of "memory loss", for once Angharad didn't see the harm in telling the truth. They were the only ones outside on the hot day.

"My sister taught me." Angharad admired the finished flower crown, the arrangement of flowers creating a beautiful mix of yellow, white, and orange. Layla's eyes widened in surprise.

"You have a sister?" Angharad smiled softly in remembrance of Faye and nodded.

"Where is she?"

"She died really young, when we were kids." Now Layla was confused, and Ang could tell as such when she saw her face pull into a confused expression.

"But I thought you didn't remember anything from your childhood?"

"It's...complicated." She sighed. "Sometimes it's...difficult to remember." Angharad thought of Zeke, the beach and the docks where she used to work. She thought of her parents, and her older brother who had mysteriously vanished 5 years ago. "The memories are there, but I try not to think about them too much. I'd like to think that I know who I am without having to revisit my past."

Angharad slowly leaned over the table, placing the yellow and orange flower crown on Layla's head. The older woman smiled wistfully, and leaned back in her seat, crossing her arms over her chest to avoid fidgeting with her thumbs. Layla reached up to adjust the crown so it wouldn't fall. For the next hour, the two women allowed themselves to chat idly, laughing occasionally as Layla told stories of their squad while she and Levi weren't there. Angharad briefly allowed herself to bask in the moment of calm while she bonded with her team member.

Unbeknownst to them, a certain blue eyed Commander was staring out his open office window, as he listened to their idle conversations.

~

The ride through Trost was a stoic one. The veteran soldiers rode at the front of the line, behind the Commander. Citizens had gathered in the streets, most of them excited at this day being the anniversary of 5 years of peace. 5 years since Wall Maria was breached at Shiganshina was lost. This morning, Angharad had felt like she was going to be sick, opting to only nibble at her breakfast. Something felt off, and as she rode through the outlier district she kept glancing around as she felt the warm tingle on the back of her neck.

Usually she only felt it when danger was around, usually the danger being titans, but occasionally she'd felt like someone was watching her, waiting for her in the shadows, unseen.

"They're here! The main force of the Survey Corps!" The cheers for their success only got louder as they approached the gate. "Commander Erwin, kill the titans for us!" Erwin never flinched, never gave any response to the cheers of his name. Within the crowd, 3 teenagers waited with bated breath as they searched the line of green cloaks for a pair of platinum blonde braids and a black bandana.

"Look, it's Captain Levi and Lieutenant Jaeger!" Eren turned his gaze from the Commander to where other citizens were now yelling for his Aunt and the Captain. "They say he's as strong as an entire brigade."

"Well since the Lieutenant has been navigating their courses outside the Walls, the Scouts have had the least amount of casualties in history!" Eren's face contained a proud smile as he watched his Aunt pass by him on her horse. Just as he was about to call out to her, she turned in their direction, blowing each of the teens a kiss and waving goodbye as she continued riding towards the gate alongside Mike, Levi, and Hanji.