Chapter 6: Hard Crack Stage

Start from the beginning

"Wait she told you that? Why would she tell you that, wait why did you even ask about that?"

"For you!" I quickly come up with, "I've been trying to give her hints."

"You have?" she raises an eyebrow.

"Duh! What are best friends for?"

"But I've been mean to you..."

"Yeah, I know. You jerk."

She sighed, "God Poppy I'm so sorry. I've just been stressed out and these feelings I have are like really strong. I can't just ignore them. I'm freaking out here. You weren't helping, I just, I can't explain it. You don't know what it feels like to feel like this."

I know more than you think.

"Hey, my friend is in love. No big deal. But we got to play this right. Hilary is not interested right now, trust me. Alvin from work has been flirting up a storm with her, just went right over her head. She even asked me if Alvin liked me, I mean the girl is oblivious. If you go in declaring your feelings it is not going to be pretty. Trust me. I say abort the mission."

"Good thing I came here first." She sighed in relief.

"Yeah, a good thing." I force a nervous laugh.

"I'm sorry I've been a crank lately. I just, I got a lot going on at home. Plus this Hilary thing, I just... I'm so confused."

"Hey, I'm confused too," I grumbled.

"You are?"

Crap! I let it slip. Think of something quick.

"Yeah... uh, I am. I just uh, well you see... I..."

Ugh!

"Are you gay?" she asks outright.

"What! No! God, Zoey really?"

"Poppy I saw how that kiss affected you, plus I always thought you gave off a vibe."

"Have you been talking to Wes?" I frowned.

She giggled and smiled. I felt my heart skip a beat.

"I'm so fucking gay." I accidentally said out loud.

I quickly shut my mouth and felt my face go red.

"I mean, gah! Just ignore that last part."

She laughed hard and I fell back on my bed, putting my pillow on my face. With any luck, I can suffocate myself before Hilary shows up.

"It's okay if you are, you don't have to lie." She playfully shook me.

"I just don't want to freak you out. I don't want you to think I'm only saying it because you said it first." I moved the pillow and turned to look at her.

"Well, are you?"

"No." I sighed.

"So you're gay then, not just because I'm gay." She laid next to me.

"You've said gay so much that now it sounds weird."

She laughed.

I turned and smiled at her.

Zoey is so beautiful when she laughs. How could I not notice it before? The way her full raspberry tinted lips pull back to reveal her amazing smile. Those white and straight teeth like a smile you'd seen in a commercial. I like looking at the skin wrinkle up by her eyes, her cheeks moving up just slightly filling with a blush. Making her tan skin look that much more stunning. The way her green eyes with hazel flecks sparkle, I could stare at them all day.