Prologue

Naruto stood in front of the abandoned building, shivering in the cold of the winter night.

The hem of the shirt he wore torn at the ends of his short sleeve, around his neck and around his waist. Even though some were naturally formed over the long periods of time it was used, others were made by the smart blonde who decided that tearing up more holes in his shirt might pass of as fashion instead of trying to patch up the ones already formed. The jeans he wore had even more holes forming on them but he surprisingly -or not so- succeeded in making it match the fashion trends.

Though it didn't help with the cold weather whatsoever.

He let out a breath, the smokey fog forming due to this action almost not visible in the dark. Taking a step towards the building, he hoped he could at least find a blanket in there. Though he'd already decided to stay the night in this almost hunted looking place, he definitely didn't wanna die from the cold before morning arouse.

He thought about how long it'd been since he slept in his own room of his small apartment.

The same apartment that was filled with the memories of the time he'd spent with his old foster dad, Enoki.

The kind old man who raised him as his own had long since passed away.

After he was diagnosed with cancer 8 years ago, when Naruto was still 16, he'd barely hung onto his life for a year before he passed on.

Being only 16 back then, with the very little savings they had, Naruto who was unable to give up without even trying to treat the person who he practically owes his life to, took a hefty private loan, all the while knowing it was sketchy as hell.

He could never tell Enoki-san about this, so he'd convinced him that they were doing the treatment for a lot less than normal due to his old age and he could pay it with some part time jobs without a problem.

In the end, Enoki-san wasn't able to live even after all the treatments, and the young blonde ended up with a debt that only increased no matter how much he worked and tried to pay it off.

Even now after all these years, he could barely feed himself or find a place to stay. He couldn't possibly stay at that apartment anymore, least they barge in and trash the place. That place was all he had left to remember Enoki-san by after all. He couldn't afford to lose that place too.

But even so, he never regretted taking that loan, how could he? When it was for his saviour.

Naruto opened the first door he came across as soon as he entered the building, the loud rattling noise of the windows in it making him flinch.

He looked around the empty room and decided to look around more before he settled himself into corner somewhere.

While looking around, he reminisced about his younger days again. It wasn't filled with a lot of luxurious things but was definitely the warmest most happiest moments of his life.

Walking down the dirty old corridor, hands wrapped around himself, trying to keep himself warm, he stopped in his tracks for a moment, eyes starting to tear up.

He was so tired of living all alone, aimlessly and without a soul to care for...

A sudden loud noise of the gunshot echoed through the halls, followed by two more.

In that moment, he instinctively ran towards the noise, not thinking ahead and just rushing towards it.

Normally, this is something that people would definitely regret later but for Naruto, it was something that changed his life so drastically that he'd be thankful to this impulsive action for the rest of his life.

After all, this is where the blonde first met his raven, Uchiha Sasuke, from the infamous family of assassins who were said to have disappeared overnight when the blonde was still in his teens.

The Uchiha family trait, black hair that was darker than the night and boold red eyes that matched their demonic ways was something everyone knew of.

Naruto stood at the door, the once cloudy winter sky suddenly clear, lighting up the old dirty room for the blonde to witness the raven who still stood with a gun pointed at the man tied up on a chair and shot to death.

The moment his own blue eyes met the cold blood red ones, he couldn't help but think, 'Oh.. F*ck..'

TBC..

A/N : Writing something a little dark after a long time, please do comment your opinions on it to let me know how it is❤

P. s. @ezshizzz So sorry for taking so long to finally publish this, but hope you like it❤