Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

Before long, his footsteps stopped by me, his foot accidentally kicking my side. Holding back an annoyed cuss I was going to say to Slash; I closed my eyes as I could hear him fiddling around with the lamp on the drawer beside the bed. I swear to god; if he knocks it down on me, he's going to be a dead man.

From having my eyes open slightly, the lamp turned on; brightening the room. Slash was hunched over above me, his curls shielding his face from my view. He was wearing a pair of very lose fitting, short red pants. If he was stood over me more, I guarantee I would be able to see up his trousers. And finding out painfully, Slash has no interest in wearing any type of underwear, which made the way he was standing over me, worse. But the question more specifically was, why was he standing over me like he was?

Keeping silent and trying to keep relaxed, I peeped through my semi closed eyes, watching everything he did.

Slash knelt down beside me; trying to push his curls from out of his eyes, not successfully may I add.

"Fucking hair." He hissed quietly before he ripped off his elastic wrist band and used it as a hair band. As he finally had his hair from out of his eyes, Slash placed an arm under my thighs, cussing yet again as he could feel how cold my body temperature was compared to his.

He then slowly, but gently pushed his other arm under the crook of my neck, pushing it further down my back before he attempted to pick me up; bridal style. As he did that, I took the time I take in his surprisingly handsome face that I had never seen, that is without being concealed by his thick curls.

He had the deepest yet darkest brown eyes I had ever come across, everything that was lighter around him was reflected in his eyes. They were almost as dark as the night, but they weren't black; I could still just see his pupils in amongst.

His face was sun kissed; he had a beautiful olive complexion. His lips were thicker for a male's, also a pale pink. Maybe a little dry, but to any woman, quite tempting. He was slightly scruffy; and had thick eyebrows, but underneath the beastly curls he was actually quite an attractive man.

Slowly rising to his feet, Slash pulled me off of the ground and gently laid me onto the bed. He picked up the pillow, lifted my relaxed head and placed it underneath before he pulled the sheets and blankets over my body. So Slash also had a caring side now?

As Slash switched off the lamp, I quietly whispered under my breath a 'thank you'. For which turned out louder then I expected.

"What?" Slash asked turning the lamp back on. Keeping my eyes closed, I kept quiet, pretending to be asleep. Slash stared at me suspiciously before he shook his head and switched the lamp back off; making his blind journey back to the opposite side of the bed, yet again kicking the chair accidentally on his way back.

By the time morning came; I woke to see Slash sitting by the small round table, his head down as he looked to be drawing on a notepad. Reminding me a of determined child drawing a picture; it was in a way cute that he reminded me of that.

Removing myself from the bed, I tiptoed towards Slash and peered over his shoulder down at the notepad. He was drawing what looked to be himself as a skull with his top hat on. Truthfully it was quite a masterpiece, it looked almost alive, although he needed to shade it more around the jaw and the eyes to make it more realistic.

"Shit, sneak up on me why don't you?" Slash yelps in fright, staring back at me.

"Sorry, I was just watching you draw. It's really good." I note, moving out from behind him and to his side.

"Thanks." He murmurs.

"You just need to outline and shade more heavily over here and there. That's to make it more realistic." I point to parts of his drawing. Slash looked up at me, strangely; a though to him, I had two heads. That was before he nodded and began to outline and shade exactly where I pointed to.

Leaving Slash alone, I grabbed some clothes from my suitcase and quickly changed in the bathroom before heading out, in search of somewhere to sit and enjoy my surroundings outside.

Soon enough, I had taken a seat outside at a metal garden table and chairs; observing the beautiful birds chirping in the trees as the wind blew. There wasn't really much to see, but to me I saw the beauty in most simple things.

"Morning sweetheart." Tommy's voice echoed from behind me. Tommy was one for enjoying the scenery outside; it was something he loved. Just as I did.

"Morning Tommy." I smile, glancing over my shoulder back at him.

Tommy's hair was pulled back from his face, tied back. A pair of dark sunglasses shielded his eyes and a cigarette was tucked in between his fingers.

"So who did you end up bunking with last night?" He curiously questions taking a seat beside me.

"Slash." I answer blandly.

"Well that ought to have been interesting." Tommy chuckled bringing the cigarette up to his lips.

"Yeah very." I roll my eyes, briefly looking at Tommy with a smile. "But I just couldn't sleep for a while though."

"Nikki?" Tommy takes off his sunglasses and sits them on top of head before he watches me intently.

"Yeah that would be right." I nod.

"You know, the guy hasn't been sleeping, he is barely doing anything. All he has been doing is drinking a hell of a lot, smoking more then usual and moping around." Tommy crosses his leg over the other.

"And who's fault is that? That's his own god damn fault." I answer, sounding a bit too harsh.

"Yeah I know, he knows it too. It's just." Tommy pauses taking a drag of the cigarette before looking down at the ground.

"It's just what Tommy?"

"You should talk to him, he's broken. Torn apart." Tommy says innocently, scrunching his face up slightly; waiting for me to bite.

"Tom, I'm not talking to him. He put himself where he is now and he can find himself out of it. If you remember correctly, he did all this. I tried my hardest, I truly did. But I got sick of putting up with his shit so much. It was obvious I loved him, Vince knew, Axl knows and even Izzy knows. I'm sure Nikki even knew and he was taking advantage of it to hurt me some more." I hold back the aching feelings I had built up inside of me. "You'd have to be stupid to think I would come back to someone who put me through it." I then add.

"Look I understand doll, I completely do. I don't think Nikki knew either, he was just so hooked up in being jealous that you were hanging around Izz, Duff and Stevie. And now with Axl. It just had him so worked up, he was hurting on the inside." Tommy explains briefly.

"And I wasn't Tom? The guy got abusive towards me, he yelled at me, he even hit me. That's not the guy I fell in love with, Nikki has changed and you all try to ignore that it has happened. Besides he has his playboy playmate Brandi, she's a lot prettier, has money and god knows what else. I don't need him and he doesn't need me." I mumble, frowning.

"Well actually Brandi left him, told him to hit the highway if he doesn't actually love her. And when he works out who he truly loves and if it's her, she'll be back. But they have split too, he has nobody, only us guys." Tommy reasons.

"That's his bad luck. Tom, you got to understand. He hurt me and I pulled the pin on our friendship. He had pushed me too far, we'll see what happens, but no I have no interest in talking to him. Just please understand, it's for the better for myself and even himself, alright?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah, alright." He sighs, nodding his head in defeat.

"But just one other thing?" His face brightens up.

"What Tom?" I smile at the happiness that seemed to seep through him almost suddenly.

"You gonna be joining us back on the bus anytime soon? We all miss you. You're our girl Suzie-Q and it's dead without you. Anyways we've got a surprise in store for you in a couple of weeks, when we hit up Florida."

"Yeah I'm missing you guy even if I see you all everyday, we'll see, I might if you're lucky." I poke my tongue out.

"Good." He states.