Prologue

A five Kage summit was being held in the Land of Iron. Naruto, now 19, was attending it, along with Sasuke, who was his personal bodyguard.

It was then, that the message came.

"H-hokage sama! All of a sudden, previously untraceable meteorites have entered the atmosphere. The destination of these meteorites are all over the five nations, and each meteorite is large enough to destroy a quarter of any village," said Shikamaru.

"W-what! How much time is there?" asked a confused and flabbergasted Naruto.

"Four hours. We have started the evacuations, but it doesn't seem like we will be able to..." said he said.

"Kages! Return to your village! They need help," yelled Naruto, as he and Sasuke departed towards their village.

After a grueling journey, at an inhuman speed, they were very close to Konoha, when they heard a giant explosion. It was not of a meteorite. It could not be. It was big enough to destroy a few large cities at once. The heat and power could be felt by Naruto and Sasuke, who were still very far from the explosion.

Naruto's eyes widened, as he fell on his knees.

Only one word escaped his mouth.

"H-Hinata!"

Sasuke himself was extremely sad, angry and helpless.

Naruto took out the cell phone, a device recently developed to help communicate.

"T-This is a transmission from Kabuto. Naruto, I am sorry, i am extremely sorry. We are currently in the outskirts of Konoha, and the meteorite has only 30 seconds. They say we are out of danger, but they don't know what it is. This was a failsafe to win the war. In the case I Izanami was used upon me, yes I knew of that, and the war was lost, these meteorites, which are filled with a special type of explosives, will hit the earth at multiple spots, destroying most of the villages. I then locked away the memory of such a thing and Izanami both, so I couldn't warn you. Now that the doom is upon us, the memories are unlocked. I am sorry. I don't wanna lose these kids, they are the only thing keeping me sane, keeping me alive, bu-" the message was cut by a loud explosion in the background, after which there was a static and a loud and shrill screeching sound.

"No," said Naruto in disbelief and shock.

"N-Naruto!" said Sasuke, crying.

"This is my fault. If only I could return on time. If... if I could just reach here, this wouldn't have happened. I could have done something. I could-"

"It's not your fault."

"I AM THE HOKAGE! IT WAS MY DUTY TO PROTECT THEM. More than that... it was my duty to protect Hinata. S-she loved me all her life. S-she never gave up on me. E-even when I would be fixated on Sakura, she would still love me. I never g-got to love her back. I couldn't show her h-how much she meant to me..." said Naruto choking on his words.

"I-I never got to give her the love she deserved," said Naruto.

"Neither did I. I-if I wouldn't have gone to Orochimaru, maybe all this, even the war, none of this would have happened. Others would still be alive. Neji, Inoichi, Shikaku, all others... none of them would die. It's my fault. I left Kabuto that day. Had I made him join me or killed him, he wouldn't go on to become that. He wouldn't participate in war. Madara wouldn't return...", Sasuke replied.

"Oi Naruto! Snap out of it!" said Kurama inside him.

"How can I? Almost everyone I cared for died," he replied.

"I-if only I could have seen her face just one more time. S-she was pregnant. I-I..." Naruto then let out a scream, so painful and full of anguish that it would have made anyone near him cry.

It was all lost. Finished. Everything he worked for, gone in an instant.

=================================================

Hello everyone, so this is one of the books I have worked hard upon, the other being Kalos high, the pokemon one. But that's beside the point. So I will also be publishing chapter 1 shortly, so be sure to like and comment, and also share if you want.