you rolled your eyes, "its like i don't already do that." you gave her a sarcastic smile. "i thought that was for next week."

"no it's this week. there's another one three weeks from now but the date isn't confirmed yet—depending on all of yours progress on the project with Ukai." she answered.

"you didn't tell her about the event next week?" Daisuke butted into the conversation.

"i was going to tell her a few days before since her schedule is already hectic. i've already made an appointment for dress fitting at a boutique." she said to you. "i've already informed your manager and agency about your fitting too, they'll contact you soon." this was to Daisuke.

"hm." he hummed. "what's it about? for what? i've heard it's gonna be a pretty big event and already guessing since it's been being planned for a while now." he crossed his arms.

Akane nodded. "you'll find out next week." she said to the both of you. "(y/n) let's go i'll drop you off—you have to meet your therapist today." she picked the strap up off her purse and looked for her keys while heading towards the door.

you rolled your eyes and got off the couch. you walked to the sink and washed your hands. "be back later?" Daisuke's hand caressed your ass while he whispered in your ear. the butterflies in your stomach were hitting hard.

you cleared your throat and continued washing your hands. "we'll see." you replied. his hand was running up and down your sides in a soothing way. "stop." you whispered. you turned off the sink and grabbed a paper towel and dried your hands.

you gave him a last glance before exiting out the door to Akane. you both entered the car and it was silent. half way into the drive, she broke the silence. "what were you doing at a hotel." she didn't really say it in a questioning way but in a demanding voice like 'tell me now!'.

you once again shrugged. "was with someone." you mumbled while being on your phone.

"do whatever you want but do not pull Daisuke down with you. his career is going really well right now and i will not have you bring him down. keep your business away from him." she demanded.

you mentally scoffed. 'your son's getting into my business himself.' you rolled your eyes while looking out the window.

getting home, you changed out of your sweats and then decided to read a book. you weren't seeing your therapist till another two hours so this was one of the times to rest and do whatever you want. you had just gotten a new book that included smut and you were excited to start reading it.

about an hour in—the butterflies were hitting hard again. you noticed the toxicity in the relationship between the male and female leads. you hadn't been in a lot of relationships and you don't plan to because you're an independent woman but—you still knew the red flags of a toxic relationship.

you were surprised and confused on how some people don't catch it when they're in the relationship but it was never your business so you didn't mix yourself up.

you stopped right in the middle of a good scene when you heard a knock on your door. you groaned and got up to open it. "oh." you were surprised to see Akaashi outside.

"Suna and i agreed we should check up on you because of what happened yesterday..." Akaashi shyly said. you gave him a smile and gestured to him to come in. he stepped in and took off his shoes. he looked around your small but not small apartment.

"sorry—i should've texted one of you guys to explain. Daisuke—he's just like that, i'm sorry." you had an apologetic look.

"no no you don't have to apologize." he did a small laugh. "we understand don't worry. we just hope we didn't get you into any trouble..."