Four - Friends.

Gracie's POV
Hogwarts - September 1996

"Your tie," the shadow at the door holds out Pansy's Slytherin tie.
"Good night." A girl's voice. The person closes the door after Pansy grabbed it, why did the mysterious girl have Pansy's tie?

I still think about it, because I still don't who it was. I am sitting at breakfast alone, it is Friday morning. Yesterday I hadn't time to ask Pansy, I hadn't time to talk to anyone, the librarian saw me more than anyone else. First I studied, but then I found an amazing novel, I ended up reading it for 3 hours straight till the library closed. As I got to the common, I saw none of my friends, my dorm was empty too. When I finally laid in bed I thought about Pansy's new friend or lover again, the thought didn't keep me awake, but it wouldn't let me sleep after I woke up at 5 am. So here I am replaying the situation over and over again, at 6:30 am alone during breakfast.

"Where the hell have you been?" Daphne stands half ready and pretty rushed in the middle of our dorm. "Breakfast," I answer.
"So early?" Pansy steps out of the bathroom. I nod. "Couldn't sleep." They should have noticed by now that I don't want to talk, I really just want to stay in bed all day, but I have to get to class.
"What are we doing after lunch? Do you have lessons?" Daphne asks.
I am really happy that I am free from classes after lunch, "No, I have nothing to do, what about you Pansy? I know that Blaise has his date with Luna this afternoon."
Pansy sighs, "Theo and I are going to meet up, but we will meet in the boy's dorm this evening, right? Draco told me he stole the expensive Fire Whiskey from Lucius." Daphne giggles as Pansy mentions the Fire Whiskey, she absolutely loves it.
"You know what, let us do nothing in the afternoon, let's just meet at the boy's dorm around 8 pm, I have to resolve some things with my sister." Daphne hurries off to class, before Pansy and I enter the classroom I ask her if she's ok with meeting Theo later tonight.
She hesitates, but nods, "If you can talk to Malfoy without having a knife to his throat, then I can talk normally to the guy I have been fucking for months." She jokes again, she is definitely feeling better today.

"You not hungry, Owen?", he pauses and I look up, "Then I will take this one." Draco grabs the last potato from my plate, we make eye contact, I raise my brow.
Blaise stares at us, "I guess I will never be able to experience the moment when you both call each other by your first names."
We already did, I want to tell him, but Draco would kill me, for real then. He goes back to looking over to the Ravenclaw table, well, he is just looking at Luna. God, he is so fucking obsessed with her. I look to Draco again, he is looking down at his plate, his fork in my potato. He is trying to hide a small smirk. As he shoves the potato in his mouth and we have eye contact again.
"I hope it is already cold," I pause and mouth "Draco".
He understands it and mouths "Gracie" back. Now I am the one who almost can not hide a small smile.
After we all finished lunch, Daphne caught Astoria when she walked past us. Theo and Pansy walked out of the great hall together, hopefully, their conversation will go well. Blaise, who couldn't take his eyes off Luna, is sweaty and extremely excited.
"Blaise, you need to calm down, when are you meeting her?" I ask him.
"In, erm, an hour?" he looks at his silver clock around his wrist, "Fuck! In 40 minutes!"
Blaise jumps up and while he rushes to the door, he screams back to us, "And you, you both, don't kill each other! Understand me?" I laugh at him running backward against a third-year Gryffindor.
Draco and I watch him rushing out and Draco mutters under his breath, "We can't promise that."
Shocked, that's the look on Draco's face as I stand up, "Where are you going?" I give him a playful smile and walk off, in silence. A few seconds later, after he discussed with himself if he should follow me or not, he follows me.
"You are boring," Draco exhales loudly, "we have been sitting here for 50 minutes, you only read that book."
"I like this book."
He mutters something under his breath, I don't understand it and I really don't care.
"I'll go to my dorm, you can come with me." Is that an invitation? I'd rather stay here, but he is starting to be nice, I shouldn't refuse.
"Okay." His eyes light up.
"Wow, Theo's bed is even messier than usual." I scoff and lower myself on Draco's bed. It smells so familiar.
"What do you think?" he asks. I watch him, how he throws his bag on the armchair, how he changes his sweater. "You know, about Pansy and Theo," he catches me staring. Embarrassing.
"Don't know, it's complicated. I believe Pansy likes someone else-"
"A Gryffindor."
"You noticed that too?"
He nods. Draco is so different, way more chill and easy. Are we friends? Probably not, I should get that thought out of my head real quick.
"I am wondering who he is-"
"Or she."
Draco looks puzzled, "You think it's a girl?"
I sigh and tell him the story about the mysterious girl in our door frame the other night, "..., but I couldn't recognize her voice, it was definitely a girl, I just don't know who. And Draco," he is in shock by me mentioning his first name again, "don't tell anyone, I haven't talked to her about it, no one knows this even happened."
"Of course." I lay down on his bed and pick up the book from his bedside table. It's the book we saw Wednesday evening in the library,