Chapter 20 - Closure and The Stranger

Start from the beginning

He could feel his eyes water as he simply nodded, "Yes mom, it's me." He thought she would start jumping for joy, because, you know, the fact she saw her missing son for the first time in eight years and all. But nope, leave it to good ole Sally Jackson to give a good reeming when she felt necessary.

"Perseus Jackson!"

"Busted," he heard his Apollo and Hermes whisper and start cracking up silently. Poseidon just had an embarrassed smile on his face as his cheeks to turned golden.

"Uh, yes ma'am?"

"Do you have any idea the stress you put your family and friends through these past eight years?"

He rubbed the back of his neck nervously before shrugging. "A lot?"

"A lot? That's an understatement! You didn't tell me you were going back to the pit! How is a mother supposed to feel?"

"Hey, look on the bright side though Mom! If it wasn't for these Apollo's, you'd still be sad because I would still be missing! So, I view this as an absolute win." He spread his hands and grinned sheepishly, but much to his dismay, his mother did not looked amused.

"Where are you right now, young man?"

"Oh yeah, about that..."

Percy then spent the next several minutes going over the details of how he ended up on this strange world from Tartarus, and how he honestly had no idea how to get back.

His mother just shook her head. "Percy, I'm glad your safe, but if you ever find a way home, please take it. I miss my son, and I know everyone else does here too."

"I will mom, I promise."

"Hey, I can't hold this projection forever, this is a first time thing ya know!" New Apollo cried out. Percy just rolled his eyes. "Alright alright. Let me just say goodbye to my baby sister and we should be good."

Apollo nodded while little Estelle walked up to the projection of Percy. "You're my big brother?" She asked with eyes of awe." Percy knelt down and grinned, "Yep, that would be me! The last time I saw you, you were just a little baby! Now you're what? 6?"

"No, I'm eight!" The little girl giggled happily. Deep down, all Percy wanted to do was hug his baby sister, but that wasn't possible. Instead he just cherished this moment.

"One day, I'll find a way to make it home, alright?"
The little girl nodded with a sad smile on her face. Percy couldn't let that face stay, he needed to bring back the smiling girl he met like two seconds ago.

"Hey, you're the one who is going to have to protect the family now, alright?"

"Me?"

"Yeah! And you'll be even stronger then me one day, and more important. So, don't ever forget that!"

The little girl beamed and ran back to Sally's legs and hugged them.

"Take care, Percy. Hopefully I can see you again one day, in person."

Percy smiled one last time at his mother. "You will Mom. I promise you that much."

Apollo's connection chose that moment to cut out and he fell back in his seat, panting. "Well, that was fun," he commented."

Percy turned to the God of light and respectfully bowed. "Apollo, I can never thank you enough for that. I got to see my family again, even if it was just for a brief moment."

"Hey man, anything for the two times savior of Olympus. Ever need anything, feel free to call."

Zeus cleared his throat and the two Gods both looked at him. "Well, while that was amusing. We now have the answers we were looking for. Do you intend to stay in this reality, New God?"