The Sin and The Sinner

Start from the beginning

The spear user, Xiangling, the master chef of the Wanmin restaurant. Although it felt like such a long time ago, it was clear that seeing you brought back the bad memory of you eating her Chop Suey, and leaving without paying. Well, it wasn't exactly your fault, it was Scaramouche's idea to bait her into dropping her guard.

Next, the young man with the sword, Xingqiu, the avid bookworm who was there that day too. You recalled how he and Scaramouche had tension between each other as they discussed the couples' discount. The way you so easily lied to him was just as painful to see him pointing his weapon at you.

Finally, the exorcist, Chongyun, your opponent from before. You remembered shooting two weak shots at him, which did little to no damage to him. There was also a moment when Scaramouche was about to fight him on your behalf. By the look of Chongyun's angry expression, it was obvious that he greatly disliked you.

"Everyone, please drop your weapons," Lumine intervened, motioning everyone to back off. "This is [Y/N], a Fatui soldier. She's a friend now."

As Xingqiu sheathed his sword, he said, "First that Fatui diplomat, Childe, and now a soldier? I do not like the people you are making friends with, my liege."

"[Y/N] is currently on the run from her boss, who wants to hurt her. Please show some kindness... She needs our help." Lumine gave you a sad smile.

Xiangling placed her spear away, eyes beaming your direction, "Y'know, you and your partner caused a mass panic in the Harbour?! The Millelith has been turning the place upside down looking for both of you!"

"I've heard that too, but..." Lumine sighed. "We can't let the Millelith arrest [Y/N]. The plan is to hide her until the Harbingers stop their search... Once the Millelith see [Y/N] with me, they won't see her as a threat anymore."

"Traveller," Chongyun spoke up, claymore still in his hands. "Are you suggesting we hide this Fatui girl in the city? In my opinion, I am against your idea. We should turn her in."

"I am helping a friend in need." Lumine tried her best to explain your situation without giving away too much. "[Y/N] is running away from her boss because of a secret she found out, which included her brother. Because I'm thinking about my own brother, I want to make sure she gets back home to him."

Two-thirds of the trio looked convinced. The blue-haired male was still giving you a dirty look but stuck his weapon into the ground. Chongyun leaned to the side and crossed his arms, shaking his head in disapproval.

You felt yourself gulp nervously, his cold attitude was making you shiver, and that's rare. You've never been this anxious around someone other than Scaramouche.

"She's a part of the Fatui," Chongyun repeated.

"Regardless if she's Fatui, she's a part of our team now. We need to protect each other, alright?"

"You're very kind, Lumine, however..." You breathed out slowly. "It's not a surprise I'm not wanted in Liyue..."

"Exactly," Chongyun muttered before his cat-like eyes widened mockingly. "Oh, where's your darling, by the way? Your Inazuman partner with the hat. Don't tell me you're running away from him."

His words cut you deeply. Not only were you heartbroken about separating from Scaramouche, remembering the little show you two put on in the Wanmin Restaurant was almost painful. The fact that his acting was genuine, made you feel sick to the stomach.

Chongyun let out a small chuckle when you turned away from him to hide the tears that were pricking your eyes, "I knew he was your superior, my gut feeling was right. So, Fatui girl, are you going to shoot me or wait for his command?"