54- Honey is gross with no moon

Start from the beginning

"Blondie?" Came a voice from the hallway. She glanced over her shoulder and smiled at James sheepishly. She must've woken him up. He sighed and walked over to her, wrapping his arms around her body. "Why're you up so early? It's like four in the morning." He muttered into her ear, his voice carrying extreme tiredness.

"I couldn't sleep." Ember shrugged, leaning onto him and drinking her water.

"You barely slept last night too. C'mon, I'm making sure you're getting sleep sometime today. Even if we have to spend the first day of our honeymoon wrapped up in a bed sleeping instead of getting drunk."

She sighed and nodded, quickly chugging the rest of her water before she took his hand and allowed him to lead her out of the kitchen. "Sorry that I woke you up."

"You didn't wake me up. You woke Elvendork up and she decided to spit on my face." James grumbled as he opened up their bedroom door. "Don't feel bad, just get some sleep."

Ember looked up at him, nodding before she climbed into bed. He smiled and kissed her forehead. The action sending the familiar butterflies to flutter in her stomach. "Night, Emmy."

"G'night, James."

🖇️

The sun rose on the mountain line, alerting the chirping birds. The dark began to dissipate and the birds, multiplied, filling the air with more of their songs. The purple and pink hues fade together as the sky overtook with a light blue.

She tossed in bed, hiding her face in the silk pillow. A groan left her mouth. Beside Ember, James tightened his hold on her waist. She was okay with that though, just another excuse to not get up as soon as the sun rises.

Instead, she closes her eyes and leans farther into him. The sleep she was meant to be getting today seemed to be interrupted too soon. Of course, the first day on any normal honeymoon would not usually be spent catching up on sleep... But, at this point, Ember could sleep but would wake up with the sun.

Covering her face with the pillow she begged for a few more moments of precious rest. "Stop moving," James said in a raspy morning voice. "Go back to bed, now."

Ember, though silently agreeing that she wants to sleep in her head, said, "Or what will you do?"

"I'll hide the wine the next time Ophelia decides you two need to talk until seven in the morning." He smirked into her hair. "Now, sleep."

"Right, okay dad. Just don't take the wine away from Lia. You know how she gets." Ember smiled, rolling her eyes.

Her husband smirked proudly and brought his hand up to tap her cheek. "I know damn well how she gets. I thought she was gonna start crying when she was here for our wedding planning."

She laughed and grabbed his hand - which was previously on her waist - intertwining their fingers. She loved the way they fit together so perfectly. As if the two were truly made for eachother.

Ember fell back asleep, James following not too far after. The two were finally able to simply rest.

And they spent the whole first day of their honeymoon sleeping. Whilst their friends laughed together about what the newly weds were doing all week, James held Ember closer.

The next day... oh the next day.

Their wine glasses made a dinking sound when they knocked them together. Ember tilted hers all the way up, getting as much wine into her system. James doing the same exact thing in front of her. The two laughed about anything and everything. Food sat in front of them, most of it going untouched.

Tipsy, drunk, anything in between, the two danced around the house. They had used their wands to move the couch and small table backwards, giving them the whole living room to dance around in.

James spun Ember onto him, the music in the background fading away. She smiled and reached up to kiss him lightly.

He smirked, running a hand up her arm. Ember's own arms went around his neck to pull him closer -if possible. Their warm breaths fanning on each other's faces when they broke apart for air.

"Are we doing this no-" Ember began to ask. However, before she could finish her question James picked her up from her legs, throwing her body on his shoulder like a bag of potatoes. "Okay we're doing this now!"

James laughed, throwing her into the bed. "Do you want to do this now?" He asked, leaning above Ember. His messy hair fell over his face - tickling her skin from their close proximity - and a hand rubbed her arm soothingly.

"Yeah. Let's do this now." She grinned, using the mans shirt to pull him down to her level. Their lips connected in a blur of red.

Ember wrapped her legs around his thighs, jerking to flip him over. He flipped around - not very gracefully - now laying on the bed under her, he stared at her with opened eyes. "Where did you learn that?" His voice strained.

Ember smirked as she kissed his neck. One hand on the bed - supporting her - the other in his hair, tugging on it. "I read."

James groaned under her blissful touch. "Y-you read?" Truly, it was a mystery how anyone could learn to be this good at certain activities from simply reading a few books. Granted, he knew Ember loved to read... but those types of books didn't seem down her alley. She was a romantic though.

"I read and I learn."

Her hand left his hair, moving down to tug at the bottom of his shirt. She lifted herself up and straddled him. Her fingers sent him into a frenzy when he felt them on his skin while she was removing his shirt. Knocking him down, Ember asked one final time before they became nothing more than skin.

ASHLEE SPEAKS!

this is like one of the shortest chapters I've ever wrote but Inwrote it on my phone... on vacation so- also, I think everyone knows this by now but I pre-write my chapters! So this one won't be up till like the end of June but I wrote it during the beginning of June if that makes since? (It's not the end of June, it's the 18th)

Also, they were meant to (originally) get in a battle... because those are easy for me to write for whatever reason- but uhh... they had sex instead- Anyway, Ashlee out!