"Okay... I think I get it this time. I'm sorry Em, I just have a hard time reading and understanding stuff." Peter apologized sadly.

Ember stared at him for a moment, a thought occurring in her mind. "Have you ever been tested for Dyslexia, Peter?" She asked him. Peter shook his head, even confused about what it was. "It's just a learning disorder. I can test you for it later?"

Wanting to be a healer also meant Ember spent a lot of her time doing her apprenticeship. She had been getting a lot of patients who didn't even have a spell or a curse cast on them. It was normal things that muggles prescribed a lot. So, Ember had researched muggle disorders, illnesses, and diseases.

He smiled happily at her, tears threatened to form in his eyes. "Thank you." Said Peter before hugging her.

She smiled and hugged him back, kissing his forehead before she went back to sit with James. "Finally!" He groaned, wrapping her into his own arms. "Wormtail was getting more love than me!"

"James, he might have a learning disorder. The only disorder you have is dumbassia. He needs more care than you do." Ember laughed. Though her words held venom, her voice as sweet as ever.

James pouted and ran a hand through her hair as she scribbled on parchment. "You'll do great." He muttered into her hair.

Ember smiled and lifted her head to kiss him. "You only missed three questions. I think you'll do absolutely amazing, Glasses."

James flushed, hiding the rest of his head into the book of her neck. "You haven't called me that in forever. I missed it." His voice sent vibrations through her body. A shiver involuntarily went down her spine as she gripped the quill harder, threatening to break it."

"You never call me blondie anymore, either," Ember responded. She dismissed the jittery feeling of butterflies through her body from his voice.

"Of course," James whispered. His hand left her arm to intertwine their fingers together. "I prefer Emmy. You're more than just your looks. I like saying your name more than calling you something you could always change. I, however, am blind. I can never remove my glasses unless I want to not see."

"I love you, James."

He smiled and kissed her forehead, "I love you too, Emmy."

Okay, she was going to marry this man.

🖇

"Oh, I failed that!" Ophelia complained. "I did so bad, Ember. Why did I even ever choose to become a hit witch!"

"You did amazing! I'm sure of it. You're a great fighter. If you don't become a hit witch I will stomp over to the ministry of magic and shove their wands up their-" Just as she was getting to the good part of her rant, Ophelia stuck a hand over her mouth and turned her around to be faced with James, Remus, Peter, and Sirius all staring at them.

"Why hello boys. I suppose we should go now, Em." Ophelia awkwardly laughed, taking her arm.

"Wait!" Remus complained. "You absolute idiots- I swear. Anyway, Gryffindor is throwing a party for the seventh year. Everyone but a few Slytherins are invited. You have to come."

"Remus." Ember breathed. Staring at him with upturned eyes. "Are you asking us to a party?"

"Yes!" He gasped, feigned surprise dripping in his voice like poison. "I- Remus Lupin is asking two girls to a party that would be filled with my drunk friends-minus Sirius and Peter."