Chapter 18

"What are you thinking about?" Katsuki, my boyfriend, asked me.

"Nothing, just thinking about everything that happened yesterday. It feels good to have it out in the open, but at the same time I feel scared." It was more than I could ever admit to anyone else. But it was nice, having someone that I could actually admit when I'm scared to.

He squeezed my hand and rubbed circles into my arm from where I was sitting in his lap. He was comforting and I felt at peace for a moment, for the first time in a while. We were in his room after a long day at school. Mr.Aizawa had finally let me train again during fighting practice and I'll have to admit it was hard.

"It's going to be fine," he said "They'll take care of it and it'll all work itself out over time. All you need to focus on right now is yourself." He squashed the tip of my nose with his finger.

I thought about the previous day's events. It was a Sunday yesterday and Aizawa and Present Mic wanted to talk with me about the logistics of the case. I asked Katsuki if he could come with me while we talked in our teacher's office. And soon enough we were sitting together on the sofa while the two teachers explained that they had enough suspicions and evidence to remove me from his custody but unless I confessed about the abuse then they couldn't press charges. So I did, I told them about the "training" late at night and verbal abuse too. I wasn't sure if I had the courage to go through and press charges but the teachers told me it was my choice. I was still deciding and I don't know if I'll have a decision any time soon.

Endeavor was arrested when I was in the hospital but he pulled some strings with some bribes and got out. His number was blocked from my phone and he knew better than to come find me on campus, so I wasn't going to see him any time soon.

I told them that I would accept their request for custody of me and even though Aizawa tried to keep his face straight, I could see the happiness and acceptance in his eyes.

The decision to let them take custody had not been an easy one, but it was the best option I had. I could still stay at UA and visit my siblings as much as I wanted to, and after all, it was only until I graduated. Then I could get a job as a pro hero.

They told me that I would be going to therapy. I tried to argue that I didn't need or want it, but in the end, they got me to agree to give it a go. I'm still hesitant about that, but I'll try it. Maybe it will help some of the eating, bad thought, and self-harm problems.

Mr.Aizawa found out about the cuts while I was in the hospital and double-checked my room for blades when I came back. It sucks, not being able to push away the feelings with pain. To not be able to cut and finally feel like I did something right, like I could make up for all the mistakes by adding another cut to my skin. But Kat said I would get through it. I'm not sure I believe him, but I can try.

I felt an arm snake around my waist, interrupting me from my thoughts. I turned around to look at Katsuki. He raised a hand and pressed it to my cheek.

"You can go to sleep if you want, it's been a long day." I nodded and turned back around fully intending on taking up his offer to fall asleep in his arms.

His hand made its way from my waist to my hair as he began gently stroking my dual-colored locks. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

I feel like Bakugo is just getting more ooc as the story progresses. Anyways, sorry for not updating last week, but I think the story is almost done.