Chapter 13

Bakugo Pov

The first five minutes after I found Todoroki laying there were among the scariest in my life. Here he was, Todoroki, Shoto, The boy who was always willing to help, the boy who had somehow managed to get closer to me than anyone else in my life and dare I say it my crush. He was just with me, we were talking earlier. And now, he layout with a bottle in hand and a face that looked like he had just been in a fight.

The part that set all my alarms on red wasn't that, it was the fact that he wouldn't wake up. I was almost glad to see him asleep so peacefully at first, I didn't have to see the blank expression of his eyes or the fake smile that he always threw over his face like a band-aid. When I realized that he could be in deep trouble- that he could even be dead.

I felt for his breath with my hand above his mouth and listened for a heartbeat. The relief I felt when it was weak but still beating was unexplainable. But, how am I supposed to handle this? I am in the middle of a random neighborhood, a boy passed out in my arms. I can't do this anymore, he could need serious medical attention. I need to call Aizawa.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to break your trust, but it's getting bad and I can't be the only one to help you anymore." I whispered to the limp form of Shoto. I pulled out my phone and dialed the number our homeroom teacher gave us for emergencies. The phone picked up after two rings.

"Bakugo, is there a reason neither you nor Todoroki is here in class right now?" answered the voice of our teacher. I let a small, shaky breath out, grateful for the fact that he couldn't see my face.

"You have to help, I don't know what is wrong with him and I don't know what to do."

"What's your location" was all that he said when he heard the slight tremble in my voice. I sent him our location. "Give me seven minutes"

I shifted his head into a comfortable position on my lap unable to do anything else for fear of making the wounds worse. I mumbled and stroked his hair trying to remain calm as I waited to finally tell someone about what he had been going through.

When Aizawa arrived he took one look at the dual haired boy in my lap and called an ambulance. I helped him hoist Todoroki out of the slide and to the bench while we waited. The fact that he was so light that it wasn't hard was concerning.

"Do you know how it happened?" he asked once we had both got everything situated.

"Maybe," I said. He was kind enough to leave it at that for now.

The ambulance came in a flash and only one of us was allowed to go in the vehicle so I was left to stare at the back and call a taxi to the hospital.