Chapter 8

Todoroki Pov

After our conversation, Bakugo left, apparently wanting me to have some space. I didn't want him to leave though, I wish he would stay with me and hold me like he did back when I had that panic attack. I know it was selfish of me, longing for him, a person that I don't deserve. Worrying him and letting him in a little, as if we were on the same level. But I just couldn't hold myself back, as much as I felt bad, I wanted to let someone in. I guess underneath all the sadness and need for isolation, a part of me just wanted to have a normal relationship with just one person in my life, a relationship without all the secrets, sneaking around, and fake smiles.

* * *

Fear. That was what was going through my brain at the moment, pure fear. I looked up into his eyes as I felt the whole room burning around me. I saw Toya and my mother, I reached for them with my hands outstretched. They just turned their backs and walked away, dissolving into the fire. He continued kicking me and I felt crushed at the weight of his shoe. I felt my bones break one by one. I tried to scream but no sound would come out of my mouth like it was broken. There was no one, no one could hear my screams, no one would save me, I had no one.

Bakugo Pov

The first thing I felt was the chill, I pulled my blanket up to my chin and wrapped my arms around myself. The cold got colder and that's when I decided to open my eyes and was greeted with ice covering my ceiling. What the fu- Todoroki! Of course, Todoroki is above my room, but what is he doing with his ice. I waited a few minutes but the ice refused to leave. So, I grabbed a hoodie and pulled it over my head. I took the stairs to his floor and reached his door.

"Todoroki" I ponded on his door, "Todoroki!" the ice spread onto the carpet from under the crack at the bottom of his door. Shit. "I'm coming in" I jiggled the doorknob but it wouldn't move. Damn it Shoto. I blasted his doorknob off and pushed the door open.

I saw Todo- Shoto on his bed breathing heavy, covered in ice, a pained expression on his face. My face unintentionally softened in sympathy. I ran over and shook his shoulders to get him to wake up. He didn't wake up.

"Come on. Shoto wake up. You're having a nightmare." You give me no choice. I grabbed his shoulders and held him in my arms. I heard a short gasp and I pulled away. His eyes were full of tears, but they were open, he was awake. He sniffled put his face in his hands. "Hey, it's ok, it was just a nightmare, you're fine" I slowly pried his hands away from his face and pushed a piece of his hair away from his ice-cold face. He pulled me back into a hug and buried his face into my shoulder.

Why does saying his first name always make my heart race?

Shoto Pov

He was there- I thought no one heard me but he woke me up. He heard me.

My eyes closed as I kept my face buried in his soft hoodie, sleep pulled me back in. This time it was calm, sweet.

Hi, it's the author, I hope the story is good so far. sorry for the super short chapter, I'm on vacation and haven't had much time to write. I cannot tell you how much I squealed when I found out Denki is only 5'6". I don't know about you, but I'm definitely ready to put 2020 behind.