Chapter 17

Todoroki Pov

The past few days have been slow, Mr.Aizawa finally let me go back to class the day after I came back to the dorms. Although I still have to wait a week before I'm able to participate in hero training, it's fine. I'm happy just watching my classmates, I'm happy watching Katsuki.

I sat on the bed in Katsuki's room doing our homework together. It was late in the night and I had taken to coming into his room to catch up on the things I missed. We hung out before the "incident" but this time was different, more light-hearted, more us.

I thought things would be awkward now that I came to the realization that what I felt for Katsuki Bakugo was more than just friends. But all I felt right now was relief. I know that at one point probably in the near future I would have to reckon with it all. The court case for my father's child abuse, transferring custody, dealing with the depression, and the consequences of all the years of self-harm and self-degradation; but right now all I wanted was to be in another person's presence, Katsuki's presence. I thought about how lucky I was to have everyone.

"Hey" he said, causing me to look up and meet his red eyes. "I know that look, you're overthinking something again. Tell me what's up."

"Nothing, just thinking about how amazing everyone has been recently."

"I know what you're thinking," he said, immediately finding the deeper meaning in my words. "But you deserve it. Yea we are trying our best to be supportive, but it's because after all the shit you have been through, you deserve it." I paused for a second to appreciate his words, smiled, and then proceeded to hit him lightly over the head with one of his pillows, earning me a surprised noise from the ash blond.

"Why are you being so nice to me? You definitely weren't this way when I first met you. Are you going soft on me?" I said with a teasing tone and light smirk.

"Ohh, you wish" he responded, returning my energy and raising his hands to my stomach.

The mood did a 180, that's one of the things I loved about Katsuki, I could act however I wanted around him.

I only managed to get out an "oh don't you da-" before he started tickling me and uncontrollable laughs and giggles almost had me rolling off the bed. I flopped down on my back as he began to tickle my neck, letting out a few snorts of laughter when he saw my flushed face.

I hooked one of my arms around his neck, pulling him down against me. He eventually stopped tickling me and we both calmed down, the mood a lot less tense than it was ten minutes ago.

I noticed how close our faces were, and his body felt warm and comforting. I could feel his minty breath against my face and I turned to look at him. The way his disheveled hair and red eyes looked at night, and his body fit against his black tank top looked beautiful. His gaze held mine and he drew closer to my face. His lips brushed against mine and my breath caught in my throat. It was only a few seconds but it felt like the best in my life. It felt intimate and amazing. But then he pulled back with a jerk.

"I'm sorry" he said "I didn't mean to do that." My heart dropped.

"I'm sorry"

"What? Why are you sorry?" he questioned

"I- I don't know. . . I just thought . . ." I took a shaky breath and stood up "I- I really like you" I said it in the smallest voice that I had.

He stared at me and I couldn't tell if he heard me or not.

"Shoto, w-wait, really?" he said finally, I nodded my head. "But, but I just kissed you without your permission. You have so much going on right now and I just don't want to make it worse."

"Katsuki- when has having you by my side ever made anything worse? Please, I know it's selfish but I just- I just want to be with you." At this point, I was half pleading with him.

He walked over and held my face in his hands. His lips met mine once again, my heart was pounding leaving my head reeling and dizzy at the feeling. His lips felt soft and warm, and the warmth seemed to spread through them to my face. At the moment all that mattered in the world was him, it was just us alone in the night. Even though my eyes were closed, I could see the stars upon the black sky in the back of my mind. It felt like my soul was on display to him, my whole body tingled.

He pulled away, it was way too quick but the feeling lingered.

"C-can we be boyfriends?" I asked, still trying to catch my breath and high on the feeling of him.

Although his lips left mine, his hands did not leave my face. His smile held a sort of warmth to it, and when he said the word "yes" It felt like the world was just a little bit brighter.

All I'm going to say is I'm so sorry you had to read that trash kissing scene.