Forbidden

"Okay. If we're gonna do this. We need to do it right." Oakley started as she entered the arena, shortly followed by Astrid, Hiccup, and the dragons. "We should stay here tonight. First thing tomorrow the three of us will head back to Dragon's Edge."

"Wait, why?" Hiccup wondered as he took a seat on his sister's right with Astrid on her left.

"It's quieter. I need to focus if I have any hope of finding her." She explained.

"Finding who?" Fishlegs' curiosity was peaked.

"Mom."

"Good luck with that, didn't she get eaten by a dragon?" Snotlout snickered. Astrid was just a few seconds too slow catching her girlfriend. Hiccup halted her as Oakley darted towards Snotlout.

"Let her have this one."

Oakley leaped in the air and swung her foot out, colliding with Snotlout's face.

"I never get tired of seeing that." Astrid chuckled as Oakley sat back down. The blonde placed a gentle kiss on her cheek, calming her instantly.

"So, care to share with the rest of the group?" Heather wondered.

"Mom's alive," Oakley stated.

"Might be." Hiccup corrected.

"I heard her." Oakley reminded him.

"You're sure it was her voice?"

"Positive." Oakley maneuvred herself to sit in front of him. She placed her hands on either side of his head.

"Uh, Oak? What are you doing?" He brought his hand up to hers but she swiftly slapped it away.

"Astrid, a little help please?" Oakley requested. Astrid shuffled closer and placed a hand in Oakley's lap. A few seconds passed when a soft voice blew in on the wind.

'Drømte mig en drøm i nat, om silke og ærlig pæl,'

"Woah, cool." The twins gasped in awe.

"She's singing?" Hiccup thought. Oakley smiled and nodded.

"What language is that?" Fishlegs questioned.

"Danish," Oakley explained. "Be quiet and I'll translate." She said. "I dreamed a dream last night, about silk and fine furs." She sang.

'Bar en dragt så let og glat, i solfaldets strålevæld.'

"Wore a gown, so light and smooth, in the bright rays of the sunset."

'Nu vågner den klare morgen.'

"Now the clear morning awakens." Oakley finally removed her hands from Hiccup's face and sat back beside him.

"That was awesome." Tuffnut wowed.

"Do you believe me now?"

"That was definitely mom's voice."

"And her song," Oakley added. "Remember, she used to sing it to us all the time. Although now I understand it, I'm not so sure it has the same effect."

"Since when do you know how to speak Danish?"

"I know how to do a lot of things." She smirked at her brother. "I did twelve years of nothing but reading and training." She reminded.

"So, what other languages do you know?" Astrid wondered.

"Swedish, French and Latin." The brunette listed.

"Hofferson! Haddock...s!" Gobber called as he raced into the arena, feeling a little short of breath.

"Gobber?! What is it? What's the matter?" Hiccup worried.