•12• 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥

"You might not have been my first love, but you were the love that made all the other loves
Irrelevant"

-Rupi Kaur

Your POV

I don't know what to say to him, his words caught me off guard.

Tom's eyes go wide, "I'm so sorry! Is it too soon—"

I cut him off with a kiss, he's still for a moment before kissing me back.

I pull away and look him in the eyes, "I love you too. I have, for while. And for a while I mean many years." I smile at him. "And no, it's not too soon."

Tom smiles back at me, he doesn't say anything and just pulls me closer to him. I place my head comfortably in the crook of his neck.

"I'm just scared." I say softly.

"I promise I'm not like him." Tom says after a little while.

"I know," I sigh, "I know, I'm just scared to love again."

"Baby—"

"But I've always loved you." I interrupt him.

"Then why'd you date him?"

"I thought you didn't feel the same way about me, and I didn't want to ruin our friendship." I laugh, "It all sounds so stupid now."

"It's not stupid," Tom says as he starts to play with my hair, "I did the same thing you know? That's why it took us this long to finally start dating."

"Yeah true. I wish we started dating earlier though."

"Why's that?"

"Because, I feel happy around you. And safe. I like it." I say.

"That's good." Tom says and I can hear his smile.

I look up at him and place a soft kiss on his lips. I can't stop the smile that's stuck on my face.

Then I get a notification on my phone.

"Ugh," Tom groans, "Who's ruining the moment?"

I laugh softly and grab my phone, "It's Haz."

"What does he want?"

"He wants you to answer his texts."

"Huh?"

"He said 'Tell Tom to answer my texts, I've been trying to get a hold of him for an while now'" I tell Tom as he pulls out his phone.

Tom sighs as he reads his messages, I can't see what they say.

"How soon do you want to move in with us?" Tom asks me as his eyes stay on the phone.

"I don't know, I don't like living alone so..."

"Ok."