•9• 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

"Sometimes home
Can be
Another person"

-Unknown

Your POV

Tom is still looking down when he speaks up, "because I didn't know how to tell you..."

My eyebrows knit together in confusion, "Tell me what?"

"T-that I, l-liked you." He looks back at me.

"W-what?" I'm shocked at what he says. I remember that I had a crush on him but I never in a million years would have thought that he liked me back.

"Do you remember that stupid thing that people used say? Like, 'if a guy was mean to you then that meant he liked you.' I just thought that that was how I needed to act. Because apparently a guy couldn't be nice to show his feelings." He says.

"Yeah... it was so stupid." I say quietly, still in shock.

"Then you started to be a jerk back to me, and yes I did deserve it, but I knew then that you didn't like me back. I realized how I fucked it up and that I basically ruined any chances I had with actually being with you."

"It's not your fault Tom, that's just how people told you to act." I try to comfort him.

"No Y/n, I ruined it because I continued to be an asshole. I don't know why but I hate myself for doing it. After that day when we watched Tangled and I said those horrible things, you left because I crossed the line. So that night I told myself that I would try to be nicer to you. Mostly because I..." he sighs.

"Because you what?" I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Because I'm still wildly in love with you." He looks into my eyes.

My mouth slightly opens in shock as I feel like I can't move. He's in love with me?

"I—" I try to talk but I can't seem to find any words.

Before I can know what's happening Tom grabs the sides of my face and our lips crash together. My hands go to his chest as I don't know how to react. Tom pulls away and looks at me in the eyes again.

"I'm so sorry, I just—" Before Tom can finish his sentence I pull him towards me and kiss him.

His hands immediately go to my waist as he pulls me in to deepen the kiss. My arm wraps around the back of his neck while my other hand goes to his soft hair.

Our mouths move in sync as he runs his tongue along my bottom lip. I open my mouth and he slides his tongue past my teeth and into my mouth. He grabs my hips and pulls me into his lap and I wrap my legs around his torso.

We continue to make out until I have to pull away for more air. I rest my forehead against his as we catch our breath. His hands are still resting on my hips and my legs are still wrapped around him.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." He says with a little laugh.

I don't know what to say back to him, why did I kiss him in the first place? One little apology and I'm ready to make out with him? God, am I that bad with guys?