Chapter 84: Familiar Faces and Crimsom Blade

Start from the beginning

Changkyun entered the dark room along with BM while Baekhyun and Changbin followed behind them with a bit of distance. Before Changbin's eyes could adjust to the dark, BM mumbled a spell under his breath, which the young vampire recognized as a spell for generating light. Shortly after the guardian had finished mumbling the dark room lit up in the glow of cyan magic. 

The cyan light revealed that the room was occupied by five rather young vampires. To Changbin's surprise did he know all of them. Huddled up in the far right corner in the back of the room cowered the barely recognizable form of Chantelle. Her usually well kept dark brown hair was a matted mess which covered half of her cowered form. There were chains around her ankles and most likely her wrists too, but the young noble vampire had hidden her arms behind her legs.

Not far from Chantelle, was another recognizable face. Ryan, who had spend the majority of Changbin's time at Miroh High at the crown prince's side, was cowering in front of the back wall, his whole form was shivering while his face was buried in his knees. Despite his hair being brown, Changbin could see a bit of dried blood in the matted mess of hair.

The other three vampires weren't in any better condition. Changbin wasn't entirely sure about their names, but he knew that he had seen them at school at some point. One of three, a girl judging by the long raven hair, was laying on her side and not moving an inch, which worried the young crown prince and made him internally pray that she wasn't dead.

Changbin felt his chest slowly constricting the longer he looked at the scene in the room. He had never been on good terms with Chantelle or Ryan and generally had never really liked any of the vampires at Miroh High save for some exceptions. There was no denying that most likely all of the young vampires present had just hung out with Changbin when they were still going to school because of his status as crown prince. They were only here because they had been unlucky enough to return to the castle of the royal vampire family a bit too fast.

Changbin gulped down his negative feelings and pushed the remaining ones into the back of his mind before he looked up at BM. The guardian had stilled his movements and let his cyan magic cover the entire room to scan every last corner to make sure it was safe for them to move around freely.

It took the guardian a moment before he gave his okay to Changbin in the form of a nod. The group of vampires then split up. Sehun remained by the door, BM was still keeping track of the room with his magic, which was noticeably by the way the cyan light seemed to faintly pulsate, while turning to the female vampire that laid unmoving next to the wall. Dowoon, Chanyeol and Baekhyun also tended to one of the prisoners each, leaving Changbin and Changkyun to take care of the remaining prisoner, which to his own surprise was Chantelle.

"Don't break the chains on your own. They have a mild, hidden enchantment on them. I think it would set off an alarm if broken carelessly", BM spoke up. Changbin turned towards the guardian for a short moment, seeing how he made the chains of the vampire girl with the black hair break on their own with his magic. The female vampire still didn't even lightly stir, letting Changbin feel a bit nauseous.

"Chang- Changbin?", a broken, female voice spoke up, letting the crown prince's head snap around to Chantelle. The female vampire had raised her head ever so lightly, letting her black eyes focus on Changbin.

The last time Changbin had seen her eyes was when he had seen her stuck to the wall with fear and anger swimming in them. At the time Changbin hadn't paid much attention to her, too focused on Seungmin who had been suffering from a sort of magic overload, which had been caused by Chantelle. He remembered how angry he had been with her, with Ryan, with basically all the vampires at Miroh High. He remember just to which lengths he would have gone to keep his friends save from her and Ryan.