"Ok fine. I have been busy planning something.", he answered.
"And what?", I asked with and raised a brow.
"The surprise. Stop asking anything concerning that topic because I won't answer."

Mr. Jerk is back. I thought to myself.

"What did you just call me?", Matteo questioned me angrily.

"Oops. Did I say that out loud?"

"You have been a very bad girl.", he stated in a serious voice.

"What are you going to do about it?", I smirked at him.

"A lot if you wouldn't be this hurt."
"Way to ruin the mood. Good job.", I said rolling my eyes.

Matteo wrapped his arms around me and placed soft pecks all over my face causing me to giggle.

"Sorry, love.", he whispered in my ear.
"About the surprise...when are we going?"
"This afternoon. Around 4pm.", Matteo answered.

After we finished eating I went back to our room and had a nap. When I woke up from my nap my eyes widened looking at my phone. It was already 3pm which means I have to get ready fast.

Storming into the bathroom I took a long warm shower. Once I stepped out of the shower I wrapped a towel around my body and entered the walk-in closet. Matteo insisted on getting all of my stuff to our room so I don't have to go to my room and get ready there.

Standing in the walk-in closet I picked out a cute outfit and made my way back to the bathroom. Before slipping into the clothes I applied some makeup. I put on some brow products, concealer, nude eyeshadow, mascara and lastly a natural shade of red lipstick. Then I changed into the outfit I picked out.

I was wearing a blue high waisted jeans with a black turtleneck shirt tugged inside it. Over that I threw on a black long blazer and finished the look with a small black purse and black boots.

My hand went to the necklace Matteo gave me. A smile was immediately plastered on my face. I never took it off since I have a feeling that it is protecting me in some way.

Walking out of the bathroom I made my way towards Matteos nightstand. I opened one of the drawers and took out a gun. Placing the gun in my purse I was ready for the surprise that's coming for me and went downstairs into the living room.

The whole incident with Russo made me uneasy. Especially knowing I won't ever be completely safe. The gun is my reassurance that nothing will happen. But to be honest I know I could never use it to protect my life.

Once I reached the living room Matteo was already waiting for me looking as handsome as ever. He was wearing a black expensive looking suit and a white dress shirt. His hair was a curly yet controlled mess. My gaze went to his big arms and muscles that were visible through the suit.

"You are the most gorgeous living being.", he said tearing me out of my daydream about him taking me against the-
"Let's go angel.", Matteo stated holding a hand out for me and not letting me finish my thought.

Taking his hand in mine we went through the front door and entered his car. After we got in, he hit the gas pedal and we drove off. The car ride was comfortable silent and I watched all the houses pass by. Some minutes later we drove past a lot of trees and down a forest path. Everything looked so familiar.

Wait is he taking me back to the lake? Where our first date took place?

And my thoughts turned out to be right. He stopped the car at the same place like last time and got out. Then he went over to my side and opened the door for me and extending his hand. As I took it he led me back to the lake and once we reached it my jaw hit the floor just like last time.