Expect the Unexpected

Start from the beginning

I looked at his cheek which had a rash on it. I hugged him and whispered in his ear, "I'm sorry you had to go through all that because of me.." He hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead. I heard Michonne open her door and get out. "We should get going..." She said.

Carl opened the car door and I hopped out. Carl grabbed his things and got out. I got my backpack from the back of the car. I put my backpack on my back and walked over with Carl to the group.

After a few minutes, we were walking on a railroad. Rick and Michonne in the front, Daryl was in front of us, and we were in the back. I reached out for Carl's hand and intertwined our fingers. He just looked down at the floor.

"You okay?" Rick asked Michonne.

"I'm okay.." She responded.

"Are you okay?" Michonne asked Rick.

"I'm fine," Rick answered.

"I know.." Michonne said.

There was silence as we walked for a while.

"How?" Rick asked.

"Cause I'm okay too,"

He nodded and I looked over at Carl, who I'm guessing was thinking.

I looked over at the sign up ahead, it was dropped on the floor. Rick kicked it and then looked up ahead.

"We're getting close.. Just up ahead probably," Daryl said.

"Now we head through the woods. We don't know who they are.." Rick said.

We all nodded and walked into the woods. I looked around and saw some birds fly by. We walked for a while until we saw a fence up ahead. Carl held his gun just in case. We looked through the fence and saw Terminus.

"We all spread out, see what we see, stay close and keep an eye out," Rick said.

We all moved and Rick asked Carl, "You wanna stick with me?"

"It's alright," Carl responded.

Rick looked at him as he walked away.

I looked back at Rick and then at Carl.

"Why didn't you go with your dad?" I asked him.

Carl just looked down and kept on walking away with me. He didn't answer as I looked at him. I sighed and stopped him from walking by holding his shoulders.

"What's wrong...."

He looked down.

"I saw the way you looked at your dad... You can tell me.." I said as I looked at his eyes.

"He told me the other day, that he was proud of me... That I was a good man," He said as he smiled at the end.

"I'm not.." He said.

"Carl, that's not-"

"I know more now about what he wanted from me, and I tried, but I still have these thoughts.." He sighed and looked down again.

I looked at him.

"I'm not what he thinks I am," he said while looking at me. He shook his head, looked down and then looked back at me.

"I'm just another monster too..." He said.

A tear streamed down my face as I hugged him. "You're not a monster to me, you're everything.." I whispered in his ear. He hugged me tighter and buried his face into my shoulder.

"No matter what happens in there, I love you.." Carl said.

"I love you too," I said.

He pulled away from the hug and kissed me.