Chapter 9-I do want you

I sit on the beach,to hear the sound of seagulls all around me. I'm the only one here. I draw patterns in the sand and watch the sea.

"Anna?"

I jump and turn round to see Thomas,smiling at me. I just smile at him as he comes to sit beside me.

"You been here long?" He asks.
"No,I'm okay."
"Are you sure,you look a little upset?"
"My sister Michelle. Such a bitch."
"Why?"
"Some people can just make you feel so utterly worthless."
"What did she say?"
"That everyone thinks I'm crazy,and that I'll never get a boyfriend.."
"Did you tell her about me?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"I'm nervous,and it's a little hard to believe."
"What do you mean?"
"That you like me. I mean,come on. You're gorgeous,every single girl at the school was throwing themselves on you,I just don't understand why you would like me."

His lips immediately crash to mine,then his hands travel up to my neck and mine stay firmly planted on his soft cheeks,we kiss for quite a while. I like it,because when I kiss him I'm able to forget about the world around me-He makes me feel like I belong.

"I do want you." He says "So be brave,and want me back."
"I do."

We lie on the sand floor,watching the sky. It's surprisingly warm.

"I want you because you make me happy. You give me hope," I tell him "From the day I met you I knew that. I never knew this could happen,and now you've come everything's changed,I know I don't want the worlds attention because yours is enough. Meeting you was my favourite accident."

His hand slips into mine.

"And we don't have to tell anyone Anna,I promise."
"Thank you. I've always been anxious around people,nervous to tell them who I am and how I feel. Because for most people it's always the same-I see humans,but no humanity."