Chapter 5-Date

I have no idea how to react. But his lips feel perfect against mine. His hands roam through my hair and mine awkwardly wrap around his waist, after a little while I need to pull away for breath.

"I'm sorry.. Um.." I grasp "I just couldn't breathe."
"It's okay. So,did you like it?"
"Yes. I did."
"Do you want to kiss again?"
"Sure."

I take in a breath as I re-attach my lips to him. A warm feeling in my chest,it feels right. But also strange, I never expected this. Now I'm left to wonder does he like me? Or was he caught up in the moment?

Once we pull away,he clutches onto my hands. So I can't stop smiling.

"Do you want to go out tonight?" He asks me.
"Sure,but where?"
"We'll go to this great diner."
"That sounds good."
"We'll go after school,if that's okay?"
"Yeah that's fine."

We sit there in silence but notice he's still holding my hand,his warm hand in mine. I don't want him to let go,and he doesn't. He looks down and notices,when he does he squeezes it harder. Not hurting it but telling me that he cares.

For the rest of the day I can't stop smiling. It's weird because this morning I woke up thinking I'd never experience something like this. Life can be something in a moment then change dramatically without you even knowing until it stands right in front of you and slaps you across the face.

We get the Bus into town and walk to a diner,it's adorable. Like those proper ones which are set in the seventies. Retro lights,those red leather seats and old fashioned stereos which when you inserted money you could play whatever song you wanted.

We both order the same-A burger with fries and to drink a milkshake.

I catch myself staring at his lips,I think to myself how much I want to feel them against mine again. I wonder if he feels the same way,it was his call to kiss me. I wouldn't of dreamed of it any other way.

"So is this your first date?" He asks me.
"Yes," I say,a little embarrassed. He senses this.
"You don't have to be embarrassed Anna."
"Really,you don't think it's weird?"
"No. Plus,I feel pretty honoured,as well as if I'm a crap date you'll have nothing else to compare it too."

I let out a laugh:
"I'm sure you're not crap anyway."
"Thanks."

Our meals come quite quickly,I try and eat it as normally as I can. Apparently according to my sister I chew really loud when I eat and she also said "No boy will ever like you if you eat like that." But that obviously didn't bother me. But now it does. So I eat it as calmly as I can. Once we're finished,the waitress comes and dumps a cheque on our table. I check the price then pull out my purse.

"What are you doing Anna?" Thomas asks.
"Getting my money out."
"Don't,I'm paying."
"You don't have to.."
"It's a date. I want to. To say thank you,for being my friend."
"Thanks.. And,you're welcome."

Afterwards we look around a few shops,mainly music ones. We find a shop with cheap records. I didn't have a record player at home but I couldn't help admire them. Looking at all the artists. I just stand there,examining them all when a feel a hand slip into mine and hold it tightly. Like before. I look up to see Thomas,smiling at me,a smile which I return.

"Do you think we could do this again sometime?"

I kiss his cheek quickly and reply..

"Yes."