Wooyoung couldn't lie to himself anymore: he was really scared about the singing test, but not too much more than dance and performance. The teachers told him many times that his performance charisma lacked a bit, he wasn't sure about anything he could do anymore. He just wanted to do the best he could in every test and hope that the judges would notice something more in him than the others.
If just the previous two months had been such depersonalizing, he couldn't figure out how tough the real competition was going to be.

They waited ten minutes more to let everyone finish the warmup and made all of them sit across the room.

Without saying anything more, they started.

First test was dancing.

They got just called one by one to dance in front of everyone. You could spot the judges to talk between them and themselves, writing down things but didn't say anything to the tested person, which caused even more worries to the other souls who were waiting for their turn.

It was the time for Seonghwa, then Hongjoong, Jongho and Hyunjin. Slowly, every of the people Wooyoung was closer to had done their first exam, but still no sound of his name. His worries were choking him and his heart was about to break his ribcage, when finally he could hear his name out loud.

He walked to the centre of the room.

It was like blinking. Before he could realise what he was doing, what was happening or even try to read the judges' expressions, he had finished and pushed back to his place. His face was the same color as the white walls of the room, his hair slightly covering his eyes and he was grateful for this, like he could hide behind it forever and forget all the people staring.

There were fifty people in that room, but just in that moment he could spot the presence of Choi San at the opposite side of his position. The two had never face again after the battle moment, and Wooyoung was actually grateful. He didn't know how to deal with his feelings towards the taller. He knew he didn't hate San, still something about his attitude kept bothering him. But that feeling was also questioned by how good he felt when they danced together, the same day. He had wondered about what choreographing and freestyling with him felt like. And he also wondered how the other would look with dark hair, which, in Wooyoung's opinion, would suit his features. But the latter wasn't not a conscious thought, though.

On the opposite side of the wall, San way staying silent as the others. He was more suffocated by the general anxiety in the air than his, to be fair. He was used to competition and performances, during his years as an athlete he had figured how to deal with the pre-competition concerns. He was focused on what he had to do and was meditating to forgot about the others, the program and everything. Even Yeosang wasn't in his thoughts.

After about an hour, the dance part came to an end.

Next, there was singing.

Wooyoung was actually happy to do it immediately, so he could bury his biggest fear among all the tests.

This time, he was among the first ten people. He was supposed to sing an acoustic version of In the end by Linkin Park. Actually, about ten people were about to sing to the same song. They used the last lessons to prepare it, following the instructions of the vocal coach.

Wooyoung had gotten way better with singing, by the way. He still didn't feel confident but everyone in that room could see a huge improvement in his vocal control. In fact, he could face the whole performance without making his voice crack a single time. He still couldn't face the judges' stares, so he kept his eyes closed or looked at the floor in front of him.

He came back to his place with a little smirk on his face. He kind of knew he did good for his standards.
The insecurities came back when such main vocals like Jongho and Seungmin played their songs, Chasing pavements by Adele. They were so good Wooyoung was about to cry, again.

When it was San's turn, he was more scared of holding back tears than San himself.

At every singing lesson, when San showed them some songs he had prepared on, Wooyoung had always cried. San's voice made him feel emotional every single time he heard it and couldn't explain the magic behind this event. It never happened to him with any of the singers he saved in his playlists.

He could only see San's back during his performance of Instagram by Dean. This song is so good, I swear if I don't cry this time it's already a win for today.
When San started singing, his limbs felt weak. He got sucked again into the other's voice, feeling like there wasn't anything else in the world. He stared deeply at San's figure through the mirror and appreciated his side profile. The way his eyes were nothing but a thin line, when his mouth was giving space to those harmonious sounds he made with his voice, the muscles on his neck getting stretched by the singing. He looked like an angel.

Such beautiful view made Wooyoung forget about the emotional side of the performance. He was staring so hard that he forgot about what was really happening. Well, he was so distracted by the other's features that he kept staring even when the other was coming back to his place, ending to be caught by San's eyes. When he realized it, he immediately pushed his gaze away on the judges, covering his forehead with hair so that the red of his cheeks could be masked. Of course, it worked for nothing.

San responded with a little smile hidden between his lips.