The accident

My last name is Connors. It all started 2 years ago, well 2002 years ago or so...

In elementary school, I was small but academically gifted and, of course, that didn't help with relationships.

Our family came from the countryside and our habits, our dialect and our practical way of dressing were in contrast with the appearance and fashion of the city.

The first smartphones were all the rage and it was a bidding war between the kids to get their smarphone, not an old G.

Obviously, in the country, no child had this kind of gadget. Well, not yet, the madness was going to reach the parents and the toys were going to be replaced by tablets and portable game consoles in the years to come.

Considering my results and my advancement, the school had made a mistake and I left at 8 years old instead of 12...

Finally, in terms of subjects and knowledge, I had nothing to envy to all those wankers and teenagers in full crisis.

Finally, I was also known for my brutal and devastating tantrums.

I loved karate movies and I already knew Bruce-lee's moves.

That's when everything changed. I was very smart but I had a bad temper: I was not afraid of anyone bigger than me. And my defense was offense. Unfortunately, my strength did not follow my will.

Everyone laughed at me, with my big Duffel coat, a kind of super compressed wool that protected me from the cold... and from being hit!

I also had a big leather schoolbag from Elan, the skin of which was more than 6mm thick.

I had my books in it and I kept it like a big ball and chain.

The other classmates would make fun of my appearance "Hey Connors-Connard!" you smell like a sheep. "BEEEEH!"

The girls made fun of me but I kept my pride.

A gang whose leader was Xavier harassed me. They thought they could do anything because his father was the principal of St. Louis High School, where all the students who finished here went afterwards.

At home, I was welcomed by my older sister. She was everything to me. She was like a mother, but a real sister, loving, kind and gentle. For me she was the most beautiful girl and I dreamed like all the children of my age, to marry her later, but it was impossible. Without her, I would be nothing.

If one day I marry, I will have to be like her. She was a Goddess in my eyes and, without knowing it, I was developing a sibling complex.

I couldn't see any of my classmates laying eyes on her.

It was getting sickly.

Mom and Dad were also very good to me and supported me as best they could, but they both worked and Grandma would come over to watch us and take care of meals during the week when we had the day off and Mom was at work.

Life here was much the same as in any mid-sized city in the US and Europe.

The generation clash, the global culture, the burgers, the cartoons. We were all pretty much the same and the big kids treated the little ones badly too. Unfortunately, I was in that category and I knew that if I changed schools, it would be the same thing over and over and over again and also I had to think about my sister. She also had her friends and moving because I didn't fit in was not a solution.

That's why I wanted to get stronger. And my heavy bag reminded me of that. It was like weight training all the time.

The group wanted to bend me once. There was Max, Xavier and Hubin, Pascal the "roquet" and his big brother, a multi-double, stupid but very strong.