Prologue

Sometimes, A Child's Innocent Eyes Can See Things That Grown-Up Men Are Blind To.

"Close your eyes, Aru," a teenage boy smiled at a young chubby girl.

"Huh?" She didn't understand his point.

"Aru," he whined.

"Ok, ok." Then he opened the box. Inside lay a beautiful gold necklace with a half heart. It was also written 'Will' in diamonds. He took it and put it on her neck.

"Open your eyes, Aru." He gently kissed both of her eyes. She opened her eyes and felt something around her neck. When she held her necklace, her eyes grew bigger.

"Will."

"Shhhh." He put his index finger on her small lips to silence her.

"From now on, it's yours. Don't lose it." He playfully warned her, but he actually meant it.

"But Will, how can I take it?" She hesitantly asked him.

"Why?" He furrowed his brow at her reaction.

"I never received such an expensive gift, Will, so -" She was cut off by him.

"You are the most expensive person in my life, so take it as I say." He flashed his toothy smile.

"But why is it a half heart, Will?" Now she noticed that it was incomplete.

"Because the other half heart is here." He opened another box. Inside was a gold necklace with a half heart, and it was written 'Aru' in diamonds.

"This will always be with me."

She took the necklace and put it around his neck. "Don't even try to lose it." She tried to act boldly, but her cuteness overwhelmed her.

Suddenly, he grabbed her hand and said, "Aru, promise me you will never leave me alone," with adoration.

"Will, I will never leave you." Without any hesitation, she replied. She knew he was always lonely in this mansion. There was no one he could talk to or share his thoughts with, except her.

"I am always with you. If I am not with you, then you can watch the moon. Remember, we are always under the same moon, and both of us will remember each other through the moon." She kissed his cheek and pointed at the moon.

"Aru, don't say that. Just promise me you are staying with me forever." He asked with so much hope, as his eyes longed for her love.

""I promise, Will, I won't leave you," she brightly smiled at him because deep down she also wanted to stay with him, though she hadn't reached her age to understand the inner meaning of this line.

"I love you, Aru. Please don't leave me," he embraced her tightly as if his world depended on her.

"Will, you have to promise me that you won't leave me," she asked him cutely.

"I promise, Aru. I will never ever leave you. We will live together forever," he kissed her forehead and secured her in his embrace. She's everything to him.

"Pinky promise," she showed her pinky finger.

"Pinky promise," both of them promised each other they would not leave each other, but they didn't know they would be apart for a long time and that their lives would change forever...

This incident was witnessed only by the moon, who knew that in the next few years, they would recall each other by looking at it. Before their story started, it ended with their separation...