SHE REALLY DISLIKES AGENT MCCALL

ILLUMINATED

_______________c h a p t e r  t w e n t y - t w o

_______________
c h a p t e r  t w e n t y - t w o

They sit down with Mr. McCall after an especially uncomfortable ride to the police station.

"Where did you go?" Carson asks Stiles, quietly enough for Mr. McCall not to hear.

"What are you talking about? I was with you the whole time," he frowns.

"No, you weren't. Are you doing okay?"

"Yeah-"

"I would like to have this interview, if you guys are done," Mr. McCall interrupts.

"Sorry, go ahead," Carson responds, looking amusedly at the boy next to her.

"So when did you get there?"

"At the same time," Stiles answers.

"At the same time as who?"

"At the same time as me," Scott points to himself.

"By coincidence?"

"What do you mean coincidence?"

"That's what I'm asking you. The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?" Scott feigns confusion.

"I think he's asking me," Stiles replies.

"I think he's asking the both of you," Lydia shrugs as Carson nods her head.

"Is that right?"

"Okay, let me answer the questions-Let me ask the questions," the agent grows frustrated.

"Just so I have this absolutely clear: Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then, Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town."

"Sounds about right," Stiles nods.

"How'd you know he'd take her to a power station?"

"Well, cause he was an electrical engineer, so where else would he take her?"

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles."

"Total genius, right?" Carson smiles.

"Well, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement," he winks, making the sheriff laugh.

"Stiles, uh just answer the man," he coughs to hide his snorts.

"We made a good guess."

"What were the two of you doing?" he asks Kira.