STUCK WITH ME

ALPHA PACT

______________c h a p t e r  f i f t e e n

______________
c h a p t e r f i f t e e n

Carson and Stiles make their way to the vet, Stiles patiently waiting for Carson to blow up.

"Okay, it has to be on a telluric current. Or maybe even at the axis of two or where they all intersect. I just know it's where Derek took Paige to die," Stiles explains.

"My dad and Gerard went there once, but Gerard said it was years ago, and he couldn't remember where it was."

"Maybe my mom or grandmother will know something about it. They've been in this town a long time," Carson says, picking up her phone.

"Mom?"

"Yes? Where are you?"

"Not important. Have you or grandma ever been to the Nemeton? It's a-"

"Tree, I know. Your aunt went there a few times before she died, but I never did. Mom hasn't been in like a decade, she doesn't remember."

"Alright, thanks anyway."

"Then how do we find this place?" Isaac sighs.

"There might be a way. But it's dangerous. We're gonna need Scott."

While the vet and Stiles go to pick up their friend, Carson isolates herself to a corner, having another one of those moments.

"Hey Carson, happy birthday!" Kyle picks her up from school.

"Dad forgot, so it's not all that happy, is it?" she sighs.

"Well, I needed to pick up my letter of recommendation from Deaton, and he pointed me in the direction of a shelter."

"Shelter?"

"Yeah, and I got you a present."

"What?"

"Meet your new kitten," he pulls out the carrier, showing her a grey cat.

"No way! Thank you Kyle! Do you have to leave next week? You know Mom is never home, I'm gonna be lonely," she grumbles looking down.

"That's why I got you Sprinkles. Hopefully dad will get good at parenting soon," he smiles sadly at the 13 year old, not realizing their dad would be leaving them in a few months.

"Doubt it."

_____

They finally come back, as Carson feels the weight of what they're about to do.

"Okay, anybody else think this is insane?" Carson paces the room.

"We don't have a choice," Allison grabs her shoulders.