Chapter 25 | Surprise

Start from the beginning

I swallowed harshly, studying my Mother as her shocked face quickly turned into a scowling one, and she shook her head, scoffing.

"I really don't know what you're trying to do Sawyer, but I want those two out of my house," she ordered, growling.

"Marie, they're just-"

"Get them out!" yelled my Mother, causing Sawyer to recoil back, his eyes wide before quickly nodding.

"I'm sorry," mumbled Sawyer, dropping his head, hanging it in defeat.

"Take them back to where they came from. I don't want them here," ordered my Mother, her voice holding little to no emotion as she looked between Jared and I, her glare making me shift uncomfortably from foot to foot.

Sawyer sighed, nodding again as he turned and opened the door, gesturing for us to exit, but Jared scoffed, looking up at Sawyer and I and shaking his head, wheeling himself away so he was sitting in the middle of the room, looking up at our Mother.

"You left your own God damn kids without warning, for him," growled Jared, pointing over to our Mother's mate. "And now you have the nerve to tell us to get out. You're dead to me."

My Mother watched Jared wheel away out the door, her face emotionless as she gazed at me, raising her eyebrows slightly, waiting for me to speak.

I sighed, taking a few steps forwards, holding my head high as I looked deep into my Mother's eyes. "You never have been and will never be, my Mother. You don't deserve that title."

I gave my Mother one last hard glare before making my way out of the door, feeling any remaining love I had for her disintegrate into the air, disappearing for all eternity.

"Well, that didn't go as I expected," mumbled Sawyer as he closed the door behind us, scratching at the back of his neck.

"So now you can let us go," said my brother, causing Sawyer to scoff, shaking his head as he chuckled.

"Do you two not get it?" he questioned, pulling the silver hand cuffs he had picked back up out of his back pocket, scrunching his face up as he handled them carefully.

He grabbed at my wrists, securing the hand cuffs around them once again, and doing the same with a struggling Jared.

"You don't need to do this," I growled as Sawyer grabbed me by the arm, pulling me along with him as he wheeled Jared down the path, turning down another once we reached the parked car.

"Where are we going?" asked Jared, pushing down on the breaks of the wheelchair, causing Sawyer to growl.

"Stop it!" he warned, pushing harder on the handles of the wheelchair, almost causing Jared to fly out of it.

"Where are we going? She said to take us back!" I said, pulling away from Sawyer's harsh grip, causing him to lunge forwards, wrapping his large hand around my upper arm, squeezing it tightly.

Grunting, I used my free hand to land a solid punch across Sawyer's face, causing him to stumble backwards, clutching at his nose as he glared at me, letting out a ferocious growl.

"Don't touch her!" yelled Jared, lunging out at Sawyer, attempting to protect me, but Sawyer pushed Jared aside, yanking me down onto the ground by my hair, kneeling down next to me, pressing his face to my ear.

"If you do that again, I will torture your brother in front of you and tie you up, so there's nothing you can do about it. Don't be stupid," he whispered sadistically, his breath fanning down my neck, causing me to shiver.

I was pulled to my feet, Jared watching me angrily as he clenched his fists by his side, clearly furious he couldn't do anything to help me.

We continued to walk, Sawyer pushing Jared in front of us further and further away from the house, until we reached a staircase hidden in the ground, covered by a wooden plank.

"What is that?" I asked, feeling more fear radiate throughout me, my wolf trying her hardest to break through and shift, but failing to do so, grunting to myself in frustration.

"Stop asking questions," ordered Sawyer, pushing the plank away so even more of the staircase was revealed. He pushed me down by the shoulders into the darkness, causing me to stumble down the stairs, disorientation overwhelming me.

Sawyer followed me down, carrying Jared's wheelchair just above the steps so he didn't trip up, plonking him down at the bottom harshly.

"Sawyer, what are you doing?" I mumbled, shaking my head as I watched him flip on the light switch, gasping as I stood in front of a small line of cells, all rusted and dirty.

"Get in!" ordered Sawyer, pushing Jared's wheelchair forwards into a cell, quickly shutting the door behind him and locking it with a key.

"Get away from me!" I yelled, kicking out as Sawyer wrapped his arms around me, pulling me up off the ground and throwing me into the cell next to my brother, causing me to land on the ground with a thud, the silver digging into my open wounds.

"Look at you two, you're pathetic," chuckled Sawyer, locking my cell door and taking a few steps backwards, as if admiring his work. "Even your own Mother doesn't want you, you two really were a mistake."

..............................................................................

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Please let me know if you did by voting and commenting if you can as it really helps me get y book noticed!

What do you guys think of Marie? What do you think of Sawyer?

I hope you're all having a great evening!

Sending lots of love xxx